Please need some help!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dna47, Aug 27, 2013.

1. dna47 macrumors newbie

Hey guys, my girlfriends iPhone 4 crashed 1 week ago, she was browsing the internet when suddenly the iPhone powered off and has not turned on since. when i plug it in to my PC, nothing happens, but if i press home and power for 12 sec + home for 7 sec my PC detects it and iTunes tells me that i need to restore, but if i try to restore i get error 3194.

Tried to delete the last line in the host file but i still get error 3194.

I tried to use TU and "fix recovery" but the logs tells me that the fix is finished and to wait for reboot but 1 sec later it's says DFU phone disconnected.

I also tried redsn0w but it stops at level 1 (or stage 1, can't remember) and then the iPhone disconnects, so i hold home + power and redsn0w continues to stage (or level) 2 but then i get miss keys missing or something like that.

Is it bricked? What the hell should i try next?! I'm not an iPhone user so all that tinyumbrella and redsn0w stuff is new to me!

p.s phone is not jailbroken, nor has she "played" with any software stuff to my knowledge.

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Since it's not jailbroken do a DFU restore, if that doesn't work then it's back to Apple for repairs.

3. MandyAW92 macrumors member

4. Jamez99 macrumors newbie

Sljedeći član se zahvalio

Thanks you for updating us with this interesting information. you did very great job. keep it up

5. Holmes093 macrumors 6502

Holmes093

Hi There,

So all error 3194 means is that apple is not signing the firmware you are trying to restore, this normally occurs when you use a custom cooked firmware. As you suspect it is not jailbroken, I recommend download the firmware directly the restoring to do so:

Download firmware 6.1.3 from here (make sure to download the firmware that is correct for your phone so GSM or CDMA: http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/

Move that file to your desktop and open up iTunes.
    Put your iPhone into DFU Mode, so that iTunes recognises it.
    Hold down the ALT key (Windows) or Option Key (Mac) and press restore.
    Browse for the firmware file on your desktop and hit restore.

Wait a few minutes for the restore to complete and you should be good to go.

Holmes093

6. dna47 thread starter macrumors newbie

@Blueroom How do I do that?

@Holmes093 I forgot to mention I did that already but no go:mad:

thanks for the replies guys!

----------

Hey guys, just wanted to say that i plugged in the phone to my computer and it randomly powered on!!! :D :confused:

7. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Sounds like hardware to me...You seem to have covered the other bases...I'd take it in and let Apple take a look...won't cost you to get an idea of what's gone wrong.

8. imhereareyou macrumors regular

imhereareyou

Have you taken out the sim card? I had something similar happen and I removed the sim card and replaced it after a few minutes and it powered back up. Not sure if its the same for yours...

9. dna47 thread starter macrumors newbie

I actually have a new problem...Yesterday it powered up on it's own, but nothing was working and then the screen turned to "rainbow" and it shutdown minutes after it powered on again, phone was working but after like 10 minutes it shut down again. then it powered on for a couple of hours to, guess what, shut down again :mad:.

does that sound more like hardware than software? guess i need to take it to apple:(

10. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Google "DFU restore" before you take it to Apple.