Please only post battery life for the iPhone 4S here, good or bad.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Fatboy71, Oct 30, 2011.

?

Are you happy or unhappy with the battery life on your iPhone 4S

1. Yes

47.0%
  2. No

26.1%
  3. Neutral

26.9%
  1. Fatboy71, Oct 30, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2011

Fatboy71 macrumors 65816

Fatboy71

Please only post battery life for the iPhone 4S here, good or bad.

Just usage, standby time and battery % left. I want to get an idea of people's averages out there. No complaining about poor battery life, there are other posts on here for that.

Here's my usage history.

I switched my 4S on yesterday morning (29 October) at 7:45am (at 100 percent). I played a game for 25-30 minutes. Connected my 4S to my TV via my Apple Digital AV Adapter and watched a video podcast for around 10-15 minutes. Listen to a couple of audio podcasts for around 10 minutes, sent a couple of text messages, had a 3 minute telephone call, wirelessly synced with iTunes for around 10 minutes on and off. I switched my 4S off at around 11pm last night.

I switched my 4S on at 8am today (30 October). I have had the screen on for around 5 minutes on and off whilst I was going through some settings, I have taken a couple of pictures which were then sent to iCloud via my wifi.

So far my stats are:

Usage= 2 hours 55 minutes

Standby 15 hours 16 minutes

And my battery is on 54 percent.

Does this seem to be what is/can be expected/normal for the battery on the 4S or would you say I have a defective battery. I'll admit, with iOS 4, I would probably have had more battery life left, but iOS 5 probably has more processes running so comparing it to iOS 4 isn't a fair comparison perhaps.

Too be honest. I don't think I have a battery issue compared to what some people are seeing, has some posts that I've read elsewhere are having shocking battery drain issues.

I look forward to seeing your usage, standby times from your iPhone 4S's.

2. Oreon macrumors newbie

Useage 49 mins
    Standby 2 hrs 13 mins
    Battery at 91%

3. Fatboy71 thread starter macrumors 65816

Fatboy71

Thanks for posting. What were your 49 minutes of usage from doing?

4. Oreon macrumors newbie

Facebook, web, one iMessage and one email...seems about average to be honest.

5. lazybee macrumors member

Usage: 11 Hours, 16 Minutes
    Standby 1 Day 16 Hours

1% Left

Web browsing, music, calls, reminders, siri

6. thesiren macrumors 6502a

thesiren

This needs some attention.

7. josielinnea macrumors regular

josielinnea

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Usage: 2 hours 54 minutes.
    Standby: 16 hours 57 minutes.

Usage is mostly browsing, Facebook and texting. A couple of minutes on games.

8. DroidRules macrumors 65816

Why not just add your numbers to the 50 other battery threads out there? ONLY post in other people's threads about battery life.... Yeah, that makes more sense.

I find it funny how you say there are other threads for complaining..... lol so ironic.

9. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

My 4S is very simular to my 4. Maybe a little less but then I am using it more. More than enough battery power for me.

10. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

wow thats amazing.

11. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

I would have included and out of camera screen to back it up.

Will try and post back mine tonight.

12. steve-p macrumors 68000

steve-p

How many more battery threads do we need? It might as well have its own subforum at this rate.

13. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

Why not add a poll to see whether people are happy or unhappy with the battery life? That way we can see if it's just a loud minority voice, or a real issue.

14. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

There needs to be more info.

If your down to 1% with 3.5 hours usage it sounds bad.

But if you'e played Tiger Woods golf multiplayer via bluetooth, while streaming spotify non stop, full screen brightness, 3 push email accounts, and using Facebook messenger....

then 3.5 hours is pretty good!

On the other hand, somebody could have 12 hours of usage, but just listened to their iPod in airplane mode..

15. cababah macrumors 68000

Agreed! You can't just say "usage" and go around parading your stats without explaining exactly what you did. For example, I am now getting about 5.5 hours of usage but considering that the good portion of that time was playing games like modern combat 3 and real racing 2, I would say that it is fairly decent.

I'm content with that

16. josielinnea macrumors regular

josielinnea

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Usage: 3 hours 56 minutes.
    Standby: 18 hours 39 minutes.

Battery percentage right now: 55%.

What I've been doing is mostly browsing and checking Facebook. Some texting, but not much. A couple of minutes on Wordfeud.

17. hNicolas macrumors 6502

hNicolas

After 2weeks averaging 7-8 hours usage and 36-48 hrs standby with heavy use. Not very different from my iPhone 4 battery life. Plus using Siri, so I'm very happy with my iPhone 4S. Also use iCloud, Bluetooth, all notifications and reminders on all the time.

18. fuzion11 macrumors 65816

fuzion11

What's everyone's take on my usage and stats??

(and if anyone sees any settings I've added to my list that would block any sort of important functionality of the iPhone...please let me know so I can decide if it's worth it or not to enable said setting/settings)

-I have wifi turned on, ask to join new networks turned off

-location services turned on, not one app has it turned off (even though Siri can't use location services in Canada yet, it's still set to ON)

-3 mail accounts (gmail) all set to fetch...every 1 hour...Push is off

-iCloud is on, but ONLY find my iPhone, all other features is off....iCloud backup is off too

-Send diagnostics/usage is turned to off

-Under location services>>system services...I turned everything off EXCEPT...cell network search, compass calibration and traffic

-Under Mail,contacts,calenders...at the very bottom, I have turned off "Time Zone support"

-Autobrightness is off...with brightness set to 50%

-Equalizer is turned on to the "Rock" setting

-Bluetooth is turned off....I kept if off until I need to connect my headset (no bluetooth was used for the picture I attached)

-Have all apps I've used within the past 24 hours still open in the background...I haven't shut any of them down yet

-All notifications are set to on

-autolock set to 2 minutes

-iCloud>>find my phone is set to fetch too

-Didn't really talk much on the phone in the last 24 hours...maybe 10 minutes at the most

-I only have about a dozen 3rd party apps on my phone as of right now, don't want to bother putting the 150 until I have it JB and don't have to worry about having to set it back up for another couple months again (takes too long)

Well that's about a detailed list as I can think of off the top of my head...So what does everyone think...decent or poor batt? I think it's okay I guess.

Attached Files:

19. Fatboy71 thread starter macrumors 65816

Fatboy71

I've just added a poll now :)

20. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

um...how do we answer the poll? The question is "are you happy or unhappy with your battery performance" but the choices are yes, no or neutral...the question isn't poised as a yes or no question

21. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

Usage: 7hrs 2 minutes
    Standby: 1day 7hours

That was recorded at 1%. And the last 1% lasted for awhile…

First day of new 4s. Ran battery down last night and conditioned.

Everything On except for iCloud which I deleted.

It lasted me the whole day plus some. It's right on par with my iphone4. Will post again tonight or next week.

22. Fatboy71 thread starter macrumors 65816

Fatboy71

Thanks very much for sharing your experience.

23. Vladislav macrumors regular

haha that makes me laugh really :) agree, incorrect question, but, lets assume that YES means you are happy with battery life, and NO means unhappy, sounds like a plan? :)

24. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I noticed my 4S battery dies faster than my previous iPhone 4.
    Same type of usage as before. Not sure if it's a software issue or if the new iPhones uses up more power.

25. Fatboy71 thread starter macrumors 65816

Fatboy71

You are correct with your assumption. Yeah I should have worded the poll better :eek: