Please remember this forum is more like an emergency room than a fanclub

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by CultHero, Nov 7, 2013.

1. CultHero macrumors 6502

I just want to say first and foremost that I empathize with those who are having legitimate screen or creaking issues, I am sure after spending several thousand dollars on a new laptop you want and deserve perfection.

That said my full boat 15 inch is so far pretty damn perfect. I am coming from a 2005 iMac so the difference is amazing but I have been waiting for a while and when the new rMBP launched I saw all the complaints and issues come pouring in and I actually considered sitting on the sidelines.

To those of you thinking that all the new models are falling apart or creaky or come with messed up screens I am here to tell you they don't. I turned mine on in the store to run an image test and apart from Safari crashing the first time I opened it ha ha I have no issues.

I did have substantial issues with my iMac years ago and applecare took care of it and eventually replaced it so I purchases applecare again this time too

Just take comfort that the problems are more than likely the minority and not the norm. There are a lot of well educated, dedicated power users in here who will notice the issues far more readily than many of us.

Stoked on my new rMBP, if you are on the fence go get it.

For the record - 2.6 16 gig 1 tb samsung

2. fs454 macrumors 65816

Well said, this is definitely the case for this and other sections of this forum. I also have a perfect 15" Haswell rMBP. You definitely cannot take the amount of issues popping up on this forum as any sign of worry / concern about the amount of failing or imperfect products coming from Apple.

Those of us who are having zero issues are far less likely to post and be vocal about it more than once or twice than someone who is dissatisfied. Apple is usually right when they acknowledge a particular issue and claim it affects a tiny fraction of shipped units.

It's great to be armed with this info when going and buying your own, though. I opened my rMBP in-store, checked for obvious hardware defects or blemishes, screen issues/dead pixels, verified it was a Samsung display, and messed with it for ten or so minutes to make sure it all was in order, all of which I suggest anyone buying a multiple-thousand-dollar machine to do since Apple is very good about making sure you're happy.

3. thaifood macrumors 6502

Likewise. I have a great new machine on my hands. No issues with it and no griped on my part about anything. Looking forward to putting it to good use and seeing how far I can push it :)

4. sabbyp macrumors regular

I returned my original purchase and have a perfect one now, couldn't be happier

5. unimac macrumors member

I never understood the fear.. You have 14 days to evaluate it. If there is something wrong, you can return it for a full refund. There are absolutely 0 risks.

Bought a 15"... first one had an issue (only squeaks/creaks). Returned it
    Bought a 13"... absolutely no issues. It's a keeper.

6. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

Got a 13" on day 2, and besides trackpadgate, it's fairly solid. Now that the firmware update is out I should be good for the next few years :)

7. Tears Apart macrumors 6502a

Tears Apart

A thread with a lot of common sense! Thanks OP.

8. johnnylarue macrumors 6502a

Cheers, OP.

Maybe everyone responding to this thread should create their own "My New MacBook Pro Has No Issues" thread in order to correct the balance a little bit. ;)

9. CultHero thread starter macrumors 6502

well common sense said these were small isolated incidents but part of me was still cautious. I have spent waaaay too much time lurking on these boards!

10. Quu macrumors 68020

Quu

I thought the same as you Op, obviously the people coming here reporting issues are going to be higher than those that have perfect machines.

But then I look at my own situation, I was on here before I even got my notebook, patiently waiting. Then I had yellow tint, no biggie I figure, replace it. Then my second unit has the same yellow tint.

Makes me think this is a widespread issue or I'm just that unlucky. :(

11. walkie, Nov 8, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2013

walkie macrumors 6502

Same here, I bought my early 2013 rMBP despite of rumours of yellowish screens and image retention issues and I haven't experienced none of those issues so far, this machine is the best I've had in my whole life, in addition, the other day I was reading some reviews on Dell's web page about customers who have bought a Dell laptop, and believe me, if you think Apple is having serious issues with the rMBP you definitively haven't read the horrendous ones on Dell's page, the same applies for HP, of course Apple has issues with quality control, from my own experience and reviews I've read I know the other laptop makers have even much more and really serious issues, some of them have a really poor design and cheap plastic parts even on expensive models, some of them have cheap track packs, some will last until the logic board fries itself in several months.

In the other hand we have to thank people who report their bad experiences here, a lot of us use this forum to read about others' experience prior to make our own purchase.

12. Essenar macrumors 6502a

"Doctor, the patient seems to be having trouble breathing at the moment, we might have to perform a bypass surgery!"

"No, I am not having any problems with MY lungs. He must be using them wrong."

"Yeah totally. Obviously human being lungs are made for creative people and artists. My lungs are totally fine so this is most likely his fault."

"This always happens with new oxygen. Every time we get some new oxygen, someone comes in having trouble breathing and everyone jumps up and down to claim he needs surgery or there's poison in the air. That's why I always say, don't breathe the new air, wait for it to get better and for people to get used to it and THEN breathe it."

"I breathed in some new air and it felt snappier."

"My lungs have been totally fine, going on six months now."

"He probably got water in them. Should've got the Plus Insurance."

"Dude, just tell the doctor you woke up one day and your lungs didn't work and you have no idea what happened. Don't mention the water."

"Oh sure! Just try to cheat the system! One time I went in for lung problems and they actually checked if there was water in my lungs. It's lies like that that will eventually make doctors go bankrupt! Don't try to cheat the system!"

"Hey guys, I need to know what type of surgery to get? My mom said I should get my ACL fixed but my other friend says I probably need reconstructive knee surgery."

"Go into a new ER, don't use someone else's ER. Does anyone even read the rules stuck to the lobby wall anymore?"

"I totally went into a new ER! But like 450 people just walked by, looked inside and left. They didn't even say anything! They just viewed my room and left. I was there for two days!"

Yeah it's totally like an emergency room.

13. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

Ahaha yes the MacBook Pro subforum is pretty much the technology ER...I like this section don't get me wrong but other sections are relatively more discussion based vs "Should I go to the genius?" "HELP! I just got error 324323412-32--", If I was an uninformed consumer I might believe that Mac's were just error prone, well probably no more than the average person things humans are all unhealthy after going into an ER...I think windows machines keep Mac's looking pretty in comparison :D:p