Please tell me everything I'll need to pre-order if I'm under a family plan?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by XciteMePls, Oct 19, 2017.

1. XciteMePls macrumors member

AT&T multi-phone family plan. I am NOT the account holder, my brother is.

My line is long due for an upgrade. My current phone is the 6 Plus, purchased in October 2014 through AT&T Next. It's paid off and I'm gonna upgrade to the X.

My brother gave me the go-ahead to pre-order on MY line, but what I'm asking is what is all the information (such as passwords, numbers, info) I will need ready to go when I pre-order on the 27th at midnight? Does he need to contact AT&T PRIOR to this for any reason to get an upgrade or will it be automatic? I can still use MY credit card even though he's the account holder, right?

What I want to avoid is needing some bit of info from the account holder that I don't have, and I can't call him up and wake him up @ midnight because of my iPhone obsession.

pls clear this up for me guys. thank u.

2. comptr macrumors 68000

First you need to call At&T CS when your brother is there or ask him to call in and make you a authorized user on the account. Also get the account Pin and the username and online password to the account.

3. saltd macrumors 6502a

saltd

I think you need the last 4 of the account holder’s SSN.

4. Droidbricker Suspended

Droidbricker

I’d try to walk through the order process with an iPhone 8 on Apple’s or AT&T’s website but don’t complete the final payment. This way you’ll know what to expect when it’s time to actually order.

5. D_Apple macrumors newbie

Pro tip: If ordering from Apple App or site, have your relative enable a security passcode on his account and give you the PIN, else apple will text him a PIN number that YOU will need to enter that will expire in 120 seconds...