Please tell me I can change this...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ant the ninja, Oct 23, 2013.

1. ant the ninja macrumors regular

ant the ninja

I just updated to .03 and now all of my transitions are different. I had reduce motion on because I didn't care for the little moving icons/background. Now reduce motion changes everything and not just the icons moving in the screen...why did they do that??? Is there anyway to seperate it so it doesn't move the icons but leaves everything else the same??

2. trekkie604 macrumors 65816

trekkie604

nope.

I turned back on the motion to avoid the fade too.

3. ant the ninja thread starter macrumors regular

ant the ninja

Why the hell would they do that??? That is extremely aggreveiting. They should give us the option of what we want transition wise on things. I can't stand that the background and icons wiggle around, most pointless thing ever.

4. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

Please tell me I can change this...

Sounds like a bug. Mine doesn't do that. Now with reduced motion turned on, just seamless and fast transition between apps and home screen without the super annoying animations.

I would do the usual restart, reset, restore , etc.

5. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

It was for the people that would get motion sickness

----------

Are you sure you're on 7.0.3 and not 7.0.2? If you answer yes, then that's what people are talking about: the animations are gone and now there's only a fading effect

6. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

Ah, I see. Some people do not like the fact that the animations have been exorcised. To each their own, but I'm happy about the change.

7. redlinux macrumors regular

redlinux

This is an intended change. Mine does this too. When Reduced motion is turned on, it doesn't only turn off Parallax but the transition effects on the icons as well.

The options are either turn on parallax and the icon transition effects or turn everything off completely. I agree with the OP; i preferred the previous 7.0.2 setting where parallax is off but the icon effects was active.