Please tell me what you guys feel about this vinyl sticker for an MBP

rumpus

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 4, 2010
I have never been a fan of sticking things onto my notebook or iPhone but this one has really got me wrapped up. I feel like buying it, although would rather have it in black to contrast the fine details.

What do you think about it ? First impressions in a few words ?

This is the Serpent provoking Eve to eat the Fruit of Knowledge.

Thanks ! (Click for larger image)

rumpus

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 4, 2010
Eve kinda looks like a man.
:D I kind of had the same thought first time I saw it but it eases out when you stare at it for sometime.

There's some sort of provocative fury to this artwork that I really like.. to me its like something 'seriously casual' on something powerful. Like turtle-neck & jeans on someone like Steve Jobs.

rumpus

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 4, 2010
this one is sick.
Yup, saw it on Gizmodo or such. I loved that one. But haven't watched Iron Man / not a fan, so thought it would be a bit hypocritical. They cost very much the same though.

Draythor

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2006
Exeter University, UK
I think stickers can be nice. Keeping it simple is important though in my opinion. This sticker has too much going on. I quite like the Iron Man sticker but I think I'd hate it after a while.

I have a sticker on mine. I'll upload a photo ASAP

ronjon10

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2009
I wouldn't put stickers on my machine. if I did like stickers, I'd consider that one, nice idea, nice design.

rumpus

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 4, 2010
where do you's get all these vinyls. the iron man one looks sweet
You can find them at etsy dot com, search "macbook decals". There are plenty (although most of them aren't too interesting). Very good artists nevertheless.

kny3twalker

macrumors 65816
Oct 25, 2009
I have never been a fan of sticking things onto my notebook or iPhone but this one has really got me wrapped up. I feel like buying it, although would rather have it in black to contrast the fine details.

What do you think about it ? First impressions in a few words ?

This is the Serpent provoking Eve to eat the Fruit of Knowledge.

Thanks ! (Click for larger image)

Honestly I like it a lot! I tried to find some artwork with Adam and Eve, or even the tree of knowledge, for my 13" pro a while ago, and I found nothing already made or anything that would work with the apple logo. Also a Newton related sticker/etching would be another good idea.

I always wondered if this is how apple choose their name, and this sort of relates to Wozniak's original price for their computer $666. Another (Anti-)Biblical symbol.

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
So you are a fan of Eve and the talking snake?
Talking snake? I'd pay to see that! PM me with the details. Do you have a paypal account?:p

I don't like it when people put stickers on their MBPs. The Iron Man is pretty sweet though.

I guess it would be okay on a MB, since it's all white and plasticy already, but then you would have to get a black sticker.