Carrier Plugging in friend's Verizon sim card for 10 seconds. Will that mess up thier account

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by KTK1990, Feb 8, 2015.

1. KTK1990 macrumors 6502

My friend has a Galaxy note phone with a nano sim card on Verizon.

I just unlocked my iPhone 5 and wanted to check to make sure it is unlocked before international travel. If I plug in their Sim card into my AT&T iPhone 5, would that mess up anything on their account? I plan on just putting the card in and making sure I get a signal, then immediately take out and put back in their phone.

2. Jtludwig macrumors 6502

3. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

As far as I know, all the Samsung Galaxy Note phones use a Micro sim, not a nano sim.

I don't believe the GSM iPhone 5 will work on Verizon. You could buy a cheap prepaid sim for a T-Mobile phone and try that.

But aside from those two issues, popping a sim into a phone won't cause any problems with his account.

4. KTK1990 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks.

They have a Note 4, which I believe has a Nano Sim card and I believe my iPhone 5 was the model A1429 which had the dual GSM and CMDA capabilities.

I was hoping to be able to test it just by using the stuff I have available, I wouldn't want to spend some cash on a one time check.

5. Applejuiced, Feb 8, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2015

Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You can't test a gsm iPhone 5 with a Verizon sim. They're incompatible your AT&T iPhone 5 does not have dual capabilities. Only the iPhone 6 and 6 plus have that.
    Find someone who has T-Mobile.

6. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

The Note 4 uses a micro sim.

http://m.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_note_4-6434.php

The AT&T/T-Mobile iPhone 5 is A1428. The Verizon model(which is unlocked out of the box, regardless of how you buy it) is A1429.

http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/iphone/iphone-faq/differences-between-iphone-5-models.html