Plumber Truck ends up in ISIS hands.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by LIVEFRMNYC, Dec 15, 2015.

1. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

ISIS taking the cheap route, I thought they was ballin. :p

2. citizenzen macrumors 65816

How did his truck end up with ISIS?

Ummm ... commerce?

Remember ... business is about the bottom line, not saving humanity. (At least that's what I keep hearing.) So who cares who the truck ended up with? Did the dealer make a buck or not?

3. LIVEFRMNYC thread starter macrumors 603

Did you watch the video? It's not about the truck.

4. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Haven't watched the video. I'll check it out later when I get home.

5. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

You can check out the video around 1:17. The plumber wanted to remove his decal when he traded in the vehicle. The dealership said they would prefer to remove it to avoid paint scratches. They did not remove it as promised. The vehicle was sold off in auction. It eventually ended up with ISIS. He now gets death threats from random jackasses who think he supports ISIS. It is very bad publicity due to negligence.

6. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

7. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

Wasn't this photo in the news months ago?

I swear I heard about this back in the spring or so.......

8. localoid, Dec 15, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2015

localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

The story was reported in December of last year on various sites, including the Huffington Post...
    USA Today... CS Monitor...

9. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Watched the video. On one hand, you have a one-in-a-million type of consequence that the dealership could not predict, nor (IMO) is ultimately liable for. On the other hand there may be some negligence involved in selling his vehicle with his business information still on the side door.

If I were the judge and jury in this case, I would not give the plumber one million dollars.

He needs a new business, a new phone number, business cards, maybe a Yellow Pages ad ... whatever kind of marketing he normally used in the past. And the truck dealer should pay for it. They also should throw in a nice truck with professional lettering for his new business. The dealer would be hit for far less than one million dollars, and the plumber would be made "whole" ... or at least as much as reasonably possible.

10. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

yeah colbert talked about it on his last show