Plz Help! Backed up/restored to a new iphone, photos missing

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by amazingdm, Dec 8, 2011.

1. amazingdm macrumors 6502

Grr I don't know what's going on but I backed up my old iPhone 4 and then restored from that back up on a new iphone 4 and the photos aren't showing up on that iphone..
    even though in itunes there's 4.7GB of "other" which would be my photos

2. Ksizzle9 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I'd say just plug the iPhone in, click on "Jim's iPhone"(for example) and it will pull up a screen where it shows that "other" in iTunes and the iPhone is on the screen with the option to update or restore. Up top u can chose what to sync and your photos should be right in there. Forgive me if I'm leaving a few steps out but I am not around my MB to look. That's how I got my photos back on my 4S last time I restored. Shud do the trick.

3. amazingdm thread starter macrumors 6502

Um I'm not sure I understand. What photos am I supposed to sync? They're not a folder on my computer they were my camera roll

4. ljonesj macrumors 6502a

ljonesj

if you have a mac computer use iphoto to pull your pics off the phone to a folder

5. amazingdm thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't have a mac computer.

Anyway I called apple and they had no clue, grr what kind of tech support is that.

My old iphone only had 1gb of "other" yet this new one has 5gb of "other"

6. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

Backing up your iPhone does not save the photos, only the apps and settings. This is like any phone, you need to save the photos to a computer or hard drive. You should save them to a folder outside of iTunes. ie My Documents.

7. bjb.butler macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

That is not true. It backs up pretty much everything.

Straight from Apple's support page:
    OP, try restoring again.

8. GraphicsGeek macrumors 6502a

If you're using iCloud, I've seen some cases that the pics take some time to come down to your device. Wait a little while and see what happens.

9. amazingdm thread starter macrumors 6502

No not using icloud I think it's lame.

Anyway last time I did this it transferred pictures. Called apple and spoke to a "senior" tech advisor and he said it was because something was corrupted.. ya right

10. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

I had something similar happen. I used iBackupbot to get all my lost photos.