PLZ Help ... How copy song form hard drive to my IPOD DIRECTLY ?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Franz, Jan 18, 2008.

1. Franz macrumors newbie

Hello :
    I am newby with a new IPOD Classic. I have a problem.
    I have my itunes with some music located in my HD. I have other external hard drive with more music.
    I want to just copy all music from my external hard drive directly to my IPOD. I mean, I dont want that musci form external drive goes to my PC or itunes.
    The external drive is not mine and dont need that music. All I want to do is just put the music from that external drive directly to my IPOD. I dont need it in my itunes.....How can I do that ?

Appreciate your help
    Frank:confused:

2. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

3. Silver-Fox macrumors 65816

Silver-Fox

could try ipod disk or somthing not sure it will work though

4. Franz thread starter macrumors newbie

I Did it and it can do it but theres a problem : in itunes music folder theres a lot of subfolders named as F01, F 02 until F28 ..... I dont know what is that. I copy one song from my itunes to the ipod and after revised, I found out song was recorded in F22 subfolder.....

Thats the problem
    What you think?

Frank

5. pigbat macrumors regular

I'm not trying to be a smarta$$ or anything here. I think you're better off just using iTunes.

6. Silver-Fox macrumors 65816

Silver-Fox

im really not sure why it is doing that, you could try alternative applications, but using itunes is clearly the best method, why cant you use it?

7. Cinematographer macrumors 6502a

Cinematographer

You could add the external files to your iTunes library (without copying the files to the iTunes music folder, turn that option off), then sync with the iPod, sort your iTunes library by date added, and delete all the music that was added today.