Pod2g says he’s becoming increasingly confident in iOS 7 jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by user-name-here, Sep 13, 2013.

1. user-name-here macrumors 65816

2. Knockoutjosie macrumors 6502

Knockoutjosie

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Good news.
    Hope they hold off till the first few minor updates to fix most bugs.
    7.0.1 or 7.0.2

4. Diseal3 macrumors 65816

They seem to do that extraordinarily well on their own :p

5. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

for some reason I think the 64bit A7 is going to be a huge problem.....

6. Diseal3 macrumors 65816

Maybe Not, with 64bit comes a whole new set of bugs I'm sure can be exploited.

7. blahbrah macrumors 6502

Actually I hope they wait for the inevitable 7.1 update with iCloud Keychain so we don't end up waiting too long after Mavericks arrives.

8. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

Lol that's why I stopped jailbreaking.

9. user-name-here thread starter macrumors 65816

Like completely? Even if it's right there for the taking? :confused:

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I'm not really that excited about keychain but mind as well hold off a little longer for 7.1 to get as many iDevices done all at once when the initial rush is over and there's stock available.

11. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Nice to see pod2g confirming progress.

It is a BS story again by idownloadblog though, it shows that they really have no clue what they are talking about.
    The minor tweet from planetbeing they mentioned is actually a major breakthrough as it allows the evad3rs access to the kernel.

They are also complaining about no JB during beta fir iOS7 and comparing it to the iOS 6 beta and the tethered JB.

12. OutSpoken macrumors 6502a

As long as a compatible jailbreak is out by the time the iPad 5 is released, I can wait:D s

13. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

it almost doesn't matter when they finish it cause we'll be waiting anyway :p

14. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

Yeah, pretty much. I found there wasn't really much useful for me in jailbreaking, not anymore at least with many of the new updates iOS has. It also became insanely annoying to spend months and months waiting until I could upgrade to the newest version of iOS.

15. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Yep, patience is a b****

16. ARSkemp macrumors 6502

I actually found the opposite was true for me. When I got the iPhone 5 there was no jailbreak for it and it became insanely annoying to spend months and months waiting until the jailbreak was out. If it wasn't for LTE, I would of stayed with the jailbroken 4s.

17. ERIC273 macrumors 6502

Of course theres going to be a jailbreak, there usually is in all (new ios).0 softwares, as per the fact even Apple's close to final betas are painful to run, theres ought to be security/escalation bugs too.

18. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

In both our cases we spent months and months waiting around!!

I think a lot of the stuff I jailbroke for in the beginning Apple began to incorporate into their OS. Things like multitasking, notifications pulldown, etc etc are now in the stock OS. Not as nice as the jailbreak versions, but at least they are available today and not in months. The other stuff I used to do was a lot of customizing thru jailbreak, my own graphic on the slider, etc etc, but I don't bother with that anymore so it's not useful to me. Other than that there isn't much, if anything at all that a jailbreak can offer for me. I would definitely jailbreak though just to experiment, but the price is too great in having to wait months and months to have the latest iOS updates, and in many cases, such as yours, actually having to wait to buy a new iphone.

19. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

It opens a bunch of new bugs to use for jb IMO

20. lsutigerfan1976 macrumors 68000

The only two things i think ppl would jailbreak for at this point is to winterboard their phone to make it look a little less like ios 7 does now. And quick reply, like bitesms.

21. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

Ya, apple may not know what they are doing with a 64 bit chip. Im thinking bootrom...

22. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

There are still a lot of extra functionality you can get from jailbreak tweaks. Subtle but all add up to be a big improvement to the user experience. May not be for everyone though but I look at jailbreak for functionality > appearance; I don't theme my phone because I don't see the point in it

I notice f.lux is one of the more popular ones out there.

SBSettings (yes, there is control center but I don't think we'll ever get the power to customize the toggles we want in control center)

Activator
    Display Recorder
    FakeClockUp (to speed up animations on a fast device that can actually load up the app quick enough to make a difference)
    Widgets to make contacts a click of an icon to call (SBPhotoDial, Lockinfo 5 contacts widget)
    iFile
    Insomnia (allows for wifi to be on even when in sleep mode; helpful if downloading a large file on device and not actively using it)
    Tweak(s) to require password to open an app
    KillBackground (kill all apps running in the background with one press of a button)
    PasswordPilot (never need to type in your apple id password again!)
    PullToDismiss (hide the keyboard in cases you can't; ReturnDismiss: hold the return button to hide keyboard)
    QuickStore (doesn't close the app you're in because of some ad that forces the App Store to open to an app)
    TapDeWiggle (exit icon edit mode by tapping on the screen; helpful if your home button is dead or if you're using it in combination with zephyr to remove home button reliance)
    Webscrollian
    3G Unrestrictor (for those on unlimited data plans)

23. rak007 macrumors 6502a

@darricksailo

Instead of using TapdeWiggle, one can just pull down the notification bar to get out of wiggle mode, saves installing one tweak. Saying this because many a times people would not want 100s of tweaks installed lest something gets ugly so it always helps to have a reasonable workaround.

24. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

Oooo, was not aware that you can pull down the notification center to get out of wiggle mode! Thanks :D

25. bmwhd macrumors 6502a

bmwhd

This. Times 10.

I'm holding on to my highly tweaked iP5 like grim death. Not only do I hate the look of iOS7, it in no way compensates for the things I count on from Cydia.