Podcasts appear in front row and apple tv but don't in itunes or finder

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cmac14, Jan 2, 2009.

1. cmac14 macrumors newbie

When ever i use front row or apple tv i have 3 podcasts which show up under "my podcasts" but they do not show up in itunes or when i try to search for them in spotlight or finder. If i try to play them it says they cannot be found but continue to stay on the list. any ideas how to get rid of them?

2. SmartIndianKid macrumors regular

SmartIndianKid

Can't think of the reason for Front Row, but have you tried re-syncing your Apple TV with your computer?

3. cmac14 thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah....it showed up on front row when i first transfered my library from my dell laptop. i tried everything to find the original file but i deleted it long ago. then when i bought apple tv and sync'd it it showed up there too.

4. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

Looks like your iTunes db is holding a reference to some files that are no longer there. This happened to me once after I moved my iTunes library to another account.

Close down iTunes (so that the iTunes Music Library.xml file is updated), then open iTunes Music Library.xml in a text editor. Look for the podcasts there and take a note of their location.

Try to recreate the path to them - for instance, if they're in /Users/oldAccount/Music/iTunes/iTunes Music/Podcasts, recreate that folder (of course, you moved from a Dell, so the path is likely c:/something) -and copy some random mp3s to it, renaming them same as the ones the xml file refers to.

Then they'll show up in iTunes and you can delete them.

However ... did you move from the Dell to a Mac? I'm not sure if this would work in that case.

5. mpshay macrumors 6502

I had the same thing happen when I manually deleted some files from my itunes library. Had a hard time geting them out of frontrow. Had to manually put the files back into the library so I could remove them way itunes/front row wanted me to.