Poetic Atmosphere, Luvvitt Frost Soft, and Lambo Cases

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by MichaelKB, Oct 15, 2012.

1. MichaelKB macrumors member

My least favorite of these cases - Poetic Atmosphere. It's thin. I don't have a problem with that and knew it going into the purchase. I don't how like slippy it feels in the hands or the feeling that if I drop it, this case just wouldn't offer much protection. I ordered this case quick out of the gate because my phone was going to be arriving and I didn't want to get it scuffed up. This case very, very hard to get on and off of the phone. Button functionality is fantastic though. I'd order if you need a scuff guard and won't be removing the case over and over. This case was $10.

Next I ordered the Luvvitt after much research. I wanted a case that felt less likely to slip out of my hand, be subtle/clean in appearance, and show the phone some. I ordered the "black" frost soft version. I really, really like the way this case fits and feels. It definitely adheres to your hand more and gives you a confident feeling holding it. Also offers fair sized edges and instills confidence that the phone would be protected if I did in fact drop it. The buttons are all quite firm on it, but seem to be lightening up a bit with use. Really like this one. This case was $20.

I ordered the Lambo case a day after I ordered the Luvvitt. I ordered it because it was aesthetically fun and it was TPU which I prefer in my full cases. It fits nicely and looks as advertised. It's got a good grip texture along the sides and doesn't feel like it's going anywhere while it's in your hand. The mold seems a bit sloppy as there are some seem edges you can feel with your hands, but this is subtle and I'm sure will wear down in no time. $10 on this one.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. solace macrumors regular

holy cow that Lambo one is frickin' ugly :(

i guess i've had no issues with the Atmosphere being "slippery" personally.. the chamfered edges and softer material that makes them up make it a LOT less slippery than not having a case, which is all I really ask for.

as for drop protection, i bet it'd hold up better in a drop than either of those two above cases (at least the hard plastic Luvvitt one anyway). due to the material it's made of.

3. MichaelKB thread starter macrumors member

lol ugly.... it's just fun to me.

Maybe it's me, but the 5 seems more droppable than my 4s did. We'v differing opinions on the poetic. The Luvvitt case I have is not the hard stuff. It's TPU.

To each their own, just wanted to give my .02. :)

4. maximus96 macrumors 6502a

maximus96

i bought the luvvitt frost black and poetic case as well. same sentiments exactly as yours. will keep the luvvitt and return the poetic today. the edge near the home button is too sloppy, plus it was a b!tch to remove...

5. LittleGwen macrumors 6502

My husband recently received the Poetic Atmosphere for his iPhone 5. I've been playing with it for a bit and some things I noticed.
    - The fit is VERYYY tight. It was really hard to get it on, and even harder to get it off. It took us a good 10 minutes to finally get it off.
    - The lip doesn't come up that much so no front protection
    - Case looks ok at best, better than some cheapos I've tried but not really good looking. Kinda looks cheap.

[​IMG]

Will be returning this one.

6. galeo macrumors newbie

7. floss macrumors regular

The Lambo looks like the Batmobile and the Poetic is just straight fugly, completely ruins the look of the iPhone imo.

8. Cosmos01 macrumors member

I have a few questions on the Luvvitt case:

-Is the sleep/wake power button easy to press and clicky/tactile or is it stiff?

-Does it cover the iPhone's chamfered edges fully?

-Does it have a lip for lay on the table design?

Thanks! :)