Point of making it thinner if you need a case to make the camera sit flush?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Kendo, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Kendo macrumors 68000

I'm a little miffed since I always use my iPhone naked. Now I feel the need to buy a case just to make the camera sit flush so I don't dent the camera ring. Why sacrifice making it thinner if you're gonna need a case which makes it thicker than ever before?

2. 0007776 Suspended

This way they can advertise that it's the thinnest phone they've ever sold. And they figure most people use cases and the other ones can either deal with it or get a different phone, Apple has never been big on giving choices for people who don't like their one option.

3. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

As far as I can tell the iPod Touch owners have not had this issue. I'm not sure where the assumption that the iPhone will somehow be worse is coming from.

As for the phone not laying flat on a table, this former iPhone 3G owner laughs in the face of modern wobbly phones. Bring it on, iPhone 6.

4. erzhik macrumors 6502

Nokia made their phones thicker because of the lens and everyone bitched and moaned about thickness.

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I sort of agree with you OP. I wish that Apple would have made the case bigger not just for the camera, but for a bigger battery. I'd accept a thicker phone if it meant longer battery life.