Poised to buy 3G PAYG in UK. Do I jump ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by st9046, Jun 11, 2009.

1. st9046 macrumors newbie

Well, I'm a bit disappointed that the cost of a PAYG 3G iPhone here in the UK is exactly the same today as it was a week ago (£342.50) but there you go.

Is there ANY reason not to buy one today, given that I don't want to pay another £100.00 for the 3GS and I can get the OS upgrade next week ?

I'm concerned that there must be limited stocks of the 3G phones so will the 3GS be reduced when they run out ? What if uptake of the 3GS is lower than expected ? Will the phones come down in price then ?

Whaddayathink ?

2. fr00b macrumors regular

My advice would be to just get the iPhone 3G on PayG if you want it and can live without the extra speed, cameras, compass.

I bought the iPhone for £350 in Nov on PayG, and IMO, it's worth it. I wont be buying the 3GS, mainly because I can live without the speed bumps, and I'm more looking forward to OS 3.0.

EDIT: Or you could wait til next years new iPhone :D

3. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

The 3G iPhone is part of Apples current strategic plan. They are not stopping making them. Look at the US price with a new contract for a 3G. This is Apple pushing them into the "normal" cost mass-market. The 3GS is not getting cheaper for a long time yet.

4. st9046 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the replies.

Yes, I hadn't cottoned on to the fact that the 3G would continue to be made for the foreseeable future. Guess I'll be paying a visit to Carphone Warehouse tomorrow lunchtime !