Poizner vs. Whitman TV ads in California

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by 63dot, Apr 29, 2010.

1. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

Is anybody here sick to death of the attack ads from Steve and Meg publicly slandering each other for the Governor's seat?

I have never seen political advertising this ugly in my life.

What's more is that these two Republicans are calling each other liberal, and in a liberal state. The one who comes across as the more ultra conservative may get the nod from the ultra conservative California Republican Party, but end up being trampled by the Democratic nominee (Brown or Newsom).

Past Republican Governors have always won from their moderate stance (Dukemejian, Wilson, Reagan) and not from the fringe right like a Whitman or Poizner. The worst part of the rhetoric is the anti-Hispanic tone of these two Republicans' speeches. They should get the heck out of California and move to Arizona.:mad:

2. 63dot thread starter macrumors 603

63dot

A couple of weeks later and now these GOP primary attack ads have become identical. Both are calling the other "liberal" and both claim to be the "conservative" candidate. This continues as
    Californians are getting sick of these two people and has become hot topic stuff on both conservative and liberal talk radio :confused:

This is liberal/liberal-moderate California, and the mantra of "I am an ultra, ultra conservative" may work in McCain/Palin strongholds like Utah and Alaska. It's almost as if they are handing the Governor's seat to any Democrat. What's terrible is the anti-Hispanic tone of the two candidates and it's making California look like a very racist state overall which it isn't.

3. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Exactly why I won't be voting for either. In fact, I don't think I'm going to vote for governor at all. I don't like any of the choices, they are all equally sucky.