Pokémon GO: Best results?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Apps' started by batmanners, Feb 13, 2017.

1. batmanners macrumors member

For the fellow trainers out there using the watch to play the game, what have you found works best for you?

I've been trying to find the best way to use the watch app without it crashing or randomly stop counting distance. Do you keep the app on your phone open? Keep it closed? I've done both of these and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Also, does the game really need the heart monitor to be on for the whole game session? This app is the only reason I've had to charge my watch midway through the day, so anything that could cut the massive battery usage would be helpful. Is there a way to toggle this in the watch settings & still use the app affectively?

2. verdejt macrumors member

I only use the app when I'm actively searching for Pokemon. Since the update the other day whenever I have the complication open on my watch the app on my phone crashes after about 30 seconds.

3. kevo0822, Feb 20, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2017

kevo0822 macrumors 6502

Same. After multiple attempts at using it, I realized the app only crashes when there are Gen2 pokemon around. If there are only gen1 pokemon, the watch app works fine for me... but the moment a gen2 pops up, the app crashes.

UPDATE: I think there must have been some server-side fix because the Watch app is now working fine for me.