Poker Players; Share us your worse tilt moments!

rhagen

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 13, 2007
San Diego, California
Mine occurred about 1 1/2 years ago on PartyPoker.com. I was playing .50/1 and was on a good roll. Got my stack to about 510 within the first 4 hour of play. I had a very lose image. Their was a player with a stack of 330 while everyone else was around 100.

The big stacks go at it!
I get dealt pocket Jacks. I do the standard raises bla bla bla. Flop comes Js 10s 10h. bla bla bla, he pushes me all in after i reraised him. I do one of those instant calls. The guy gets runner runner straight flush on me. He had Ah Qs

Turn was 8s
River was 9s

I went on tilt and opened up partypokers great game of blackjack and lost 300 more then I went to a party and forgot about my bad beat. After I realized I lost almost 700 bucks within 20 minutes I quickly started shaking.

Worst tilt of my life.

I learned my lesson, don't play above your bankroll. I should have been playing .25/.50!

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
What you said sounded like Ugandan to me. Didn't understand anything other than that you had pocket (ie: 2) Jacks.

I play Texas Hold'em with my friends at lunch. All for fun. Some of them play in tournaments, but I'm very novice. I do well enough, but don't understand the terminology and strategy.

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
The big stacks go at it!
I get dealt pocket Jacks. I do the standard raises bla bla bla. Flop comes Js 10s 10h. bla bla bla, he pushes me all in after i reraised him. I do one of those instant calls. The guy gets runner runner straight flush on me. He had Ah Qs

Turn was 8s
River was 9s
Worst luck ever.

If that ever happened to me and I lost $300 on that hand, I wouldn't have lost any more after that because I would have smashed the computer.

rhagen

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 13, 2007
San Diego, California
Worst luck ever.

If that ever happened to me and I lost $300 on that hand, I wouldn't have lost any more after that because I would have smashed the computer.
I was close to doing that... very close actually. I decided just to lose 3 bills on blackjack within seconds instead.

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
I knew I didn't gamble for a reason ... well, that's not entirely true. The only gambling I do is letting my financial advisor tell me what funds to put my money in. It's just a tad bit safer.

mgargan1

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2003
Reston, VA
I was playing a 1-2 cash game with about 10 people at the table. I have about $300 infront of me. I usually have an image of bluffing a lot, but when people call me... i usually have something.

Anyway... I get dealt K-4 and was first to act. So, I just call... which in hindsight, i shouldn't have done... either raise or fold. Well, 6 people call... including the girl who has been hitting EVERYTHING all night. Flop comes K J K rainbow. So, i decide, instead of slow playing it, i'll bet $10, so people will think i have a jack. I get 2 callers. Including the girl...

Turn is a 4... I have a boat now... there's nothing that can beat me... I bet a little larger to $15, so she thinks that it's a continuation bet. She calls me...

River comes, and it's a meaningless 8... I bet $20... she reraises me to $50. I hesitate for a moment, pondering what I'm going to do with her money... then i decide to go all-in. I had her covered, she had about $200 left..

Well, I showed her my boat, Kings over 4's, and sure enough... she showed her boat, Kings over Jacks... I wanted to cry!

mgargan1

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2003
Reston, VA
long story short, (i know this is my fault), last night, I slow played my flopped nut straight. Only to lose to a runner runner flush... I was very very distraught!