Poker Players; Share us your worse tilt moments!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by rhagen, Jul 14, 2007.

1. rhagen macrumors regular

Mine occurred about 1 1/2 years ago on PartyPoker.com. I was playing .50/1 and was on a good roll. Got my stack to about 510 within the first 4 hour of play. I had a very lose image. Their was a player with a stack of 330 while everyone else was around 100.

The big stacks go at it!
    I get dealt pocket Jacks. I do the standard raises bla bla bla. Flop comes Js 10s 10h. bla bla bla, he pushes me all in after i reraised him. I do one of those instant calls. The guy gets runner runner straight flush on me. He had Ah Qs

Turn was 8s
    River was 9s

I went on tilt and opened up partypokers great game of blackjack and lost 300 more then I went to a party and forgot about my bad beat. After I realized I lost almost 700 bucks within 20 minutes I quickly started shaking.

Worst tilt of my life.

I learned my lesson, don't play above your bankroll. I should have been playing .25/.50!

2. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

What you said sounded like Ugandan to me. Didn't understand anything other than that you had pocket (ie: 2) Jacks.

I play Texas Hold'em with my friends at lunch. All for fun. Some of them play in tournaments, but I'm very novice. I do well enough, but don't understand the terminology and strategy.

3. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Worst luck ever.

If that ever happened to me and I lost $300 on that hand, I wouldn't have lost any more after that because I would have smashed the computer.

4. rhagen thread starter macrumors regular

I was close to doing that... very close actually. I decided just to lose 3 bills on blackjack within seconds instead.

5. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

I knew I didn't gamble for a reason ... well, that's not entirely true. The only gambling I do is letting my financial advisor tell me what funds to put my money in. It's just a tad bit safer.

6. mgargan1 macrumors 65816

mgargan1

I was playing a 1-2 cash game with about 10 people at the table. I have about $300 infront of me. I usually have an image of bluffing a lot, but when people call me... i usually have something.

Anyway... I get dealt K-4 and was first to act. So, I just call... which in hindsight, i shouldn't have done... either raise or fold. Well, 6 people call... including the girl who has been hitting EVERYTHING all night. Flop comes K J K rainbow. So, i decide, instead of slow playing it, i'll bet $10, so people will think i have a jack. I get 2 callers. Including the girl...

Turn is a 4... I have a boat now... there's nothing that can beat me... I bet a little larger to $15, so she thinks that it's a continuation bet. She calls me...

River comes, and it's a meaningless 8... I bet $20... she reraises me to $50. I hesitate for a moment, pondering what I'm going to do with her money... then i decide to go all-in. I had her covered, she had about $200 left..

Well, I showed her my boat, Kings over 4's, and sure enough... she showed her boat, Kings over Jacks... I wanted to cry!

7. mgargan1 macrumors 65816

mgargan1

long story short, (i know this is my fault), last night, I slow played my flopped nut straight. Only to lose to a runner runner flush... I was very very distraught!