Police Accidentally Record Themselves

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Sep 19, 2016.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

2. daflake macrumors 6502a

They certainly don't need to be officers any longer.

3. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

When your fishing expedition doesn't work out, hit the fish market and buy what you like.

4. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

They'll probably get a few months paid vacation, then when the American public (who's attention span is shorter than a goldfish) forgets about it, they'll get back on the job with a new "desk job" (aka raise and promotion to sgt or something).

5. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Although I fly back home to visit the States every so often, I have spent most the last 20 years overseas. When I left the US those many years ago, the police were polite, friendly, and helpful. Perhaps I am mistaken, but the police seem to have become hostile and cynical since then...

Scary video. Heads should roll.

6. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

I would say MOST cops, perhaps as high as 95% are good peeps, just like anything it's the bad ones that make the news .

7. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Every interaction I have ever had with the police has been the same. I am not saying what these cops did this guys is correct, but this guy has a history of "trolling" DUI check points. Enough of a history that the cops should have known who he was and what he was attempting and left him to his own. In other words they earned any and all punishment they get.
    I agree with you on this.

8. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

Perhaps as high as 95% of statistics are made up on the spot.

And yes, the cops who will cover for their colleagues, who are acting in an illegal and abusive manner, are not "bad cops". As they conspire to abuse, violate rights, plant drugs/weapons, or murder, these officers are just classified "misguided", or something?

9. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

no problems admitting I made the number up based on my feelings :D

10. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

Ya. I'm pretty critical of them and even in my experience they've been chill except for one guy who profiled me im pretty sure. Majority of them have been at home so smaller city.

The one guy was in SF. I feel maybe big city cops are way more stressed out, but idk really.

11. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

Reform almost never comes from within a department, almost always from outside of it, because police departments are filled with such upstanding, fair, and morally-sound people. Perhaps as high as 95%.

12. daflake macrumors 6502a

Did it make you "feel" good? That is all that matters!

13. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Being put on administrative leave isn't the same thing as a vacation. The contextual differences are obvious.