Police can't even shoot suspects pointing guns at them now

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Zombie Acorn, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

It won't turn into Baltimore if the cops start holding back

3. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

The level of distrust towards the police is at an all time high. Is there any video of the shooting or are we just going by the officer's statements?

4. sim667 macrumors 65816

Some body cam footage would help appease the situation, if the rozzer was in as much danger as they say.

Because we all know police never lie.

5. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

If the police had a gun pointed at them a shooting is reasonable. But it'd be nice to see some evidence of that.

6. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

The police in MO have proven themselves to be corrupt liars who can't be trusted, and then they complain when the public doesn't trust them? LOL.

If the cops are telling the truth, the dude probably deserved it, but unless there's video we never will know. Rolling up with a SWAT team to disperse a crowd of people doesn't exactly build trust. What are they trying to hide?

7. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

I'm not ready to categorize all or even most police as corrupt, but I'll agree that the corrupt element exists and these days I don't think you blanketly take the police version as the reality of the situation. It's been shown that police as most humans cover their asses. (Note the cop who moves the taser to support his story that the dead victim tried to wrestle the taser from him.) There may have been a gun pointed, which would be a justified shooting, unless a gun was conviently dropped by the victim or say the guy had a gun, dropped it on the ground and they shot him anyway.

Based on what we know, I can't say that protests are warranted for this case, but for the police, it's a reap what you sew situation. Decades of abusing minorities and the prevalence of video cameras is taking its toll on police reputations, and the minorities don't seem to be content with taking it anymore.

8. Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

Well, then that's the cop's fault for failing to take the Dodge Ranged Projectiles feat when he got to level 4. His build was pretty bad.

9. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Not even close. To the folks who are protesting the shooting, doesn't matter what evidence is shown or proven. They will still protest.

10. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    This is what happens when tensions are allowed to get to the breaking point. People are so angry, they'll lash out at anything and everything they do, even when it is perfectly justifiable.

11. Happybunny macrumors 68000

This is the major point, in the publics mind the police are no longer taken at their word, they have been shown to be not worthy of that trust.

Back in 1968 in Chicago the crowds shouted the "The whole worlds watching"....Well in 2015 it really is, and we are not liking what we are seeing.

12. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

13. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

LIKE this?
    [​IMG]

14. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Let's cut to the case on this one. Do you believe the BLM movement, despite all it's ups, downs, and weirdness, is entirely the product of a group of people who don't have anything to complain about, but lack any personal responsibility altogether?

As in, the only reason the black community faces police brutality is because their culture glorifies violence, and that they see themselves as perpetually victimized, even when it is directly their fault, and the police are only responding proportionally to the threat? There are no sometimes right, sometimes wrong to this. It's entirely the fault of their broken culture.

15. Happybunny macrumors 68000

One image deservers another.
    [​IMG]

16. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

NO, stated a few times, BLM is not about Brown & other thugs that died, it's about the accumulation of abuse that has been happening over decades. I don't see ALL blacks as the SAME as plenty do not engage in the extreme levels of stupidity that a large group of them does, seems blacks kill more blacks than anyone else.

17. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Yeah, and whites kill more whites. I said previously that most homicides tend to be intraracial. I think it breaks down to something like 8 out of every 10 white murders were committed by a white perp. 9 out of every 10 for black people.

The whole issue comes down to a basic understanding that not all police are guilty, and not black people are innocent. Hell, the whole BLM movement started over something that was more than likely a justified killing (which is all kinds of unfortunate). But there's also the basic understanding that where there's smoke, there's fire, and that we have enough proof now to see that sometimes the police do step well beyond that fine line, and people have due reason for grievance because of it.

18. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Recently I was excused from jury duty for a drunk driving case because I told the prosecuter that I would not automatically accept the word of a police officer as gospel, that I would take all the evidence into consideration including the testimony of the accused. Bingo, home free! ;)

19. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

Technically, that is what all jurors should do but I think it was your sarcastic tone, "automatically accept the word of a police officer as gospel", that got you dismissed.

20. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

IIRC the number of blacks in the population is low but the amount of crimes they commit is rather high.

21. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

I know it's just a sarcastic cartoon. But situations like that don't happen. Blacks don't care about police abusing killers, known gangstas, and so on.

22. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

23. Populism macrumors regular

Populism

My experience is that jurors do not know whether it was the prosecution or defense who struck them, nor are they told why they were struck.

24. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

1)That had absolutely nothing to do with the incident of his death. You didn't prove any point. The cartoon is describing an actual incident. Not a person's past.

2)If we are judging character of a person, then a GREAT portion of the police force should be fired due to domestic violence. http://mic.com/articles/106886/one-...-rate-than-everyone-else-and-it-s-not-the-nfl
    But of course, character assassination only goes one way. :rolleyes:

25. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

If the police have committed domestic violence they should be sacked.