Police investigate after 65 pounds of weed included with Orlando couple's Amazon order

citizenzen

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2010
Looks like a professional, inside job at Amazon.

Some poor, overworked and underpaid grunt is now in big, big trouble ... with the law and possibly the mob.

That's a bad day at work.

Reactions: Ntombi

RootBeerMan

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2016
I don't know if I would have reported receiving 60 Lbs of pot to the police. All they'd do is confiscate the 50 lbs I got from Amazon. I could find better uses for that then them. All they'd do is incinerate the 40 lbs of pot I accidentally received.

GermanSuplex

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2009
Jeff Sessions is smiling. There is more liquor in any corner store to ruin lives than marijuana in this batch. Dumb leaders.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
“Officers someone sent us 60 pounds of pot through Amazon when we clearly order crack”

Tech198

macrumors G5
Mar 21, 2011
Australia, Perth
lol.... cool

Amazon really didn't seem to care that much of the seriousness otherwise they would have done more than just a gift card for $150...

That's all we do nowadays no matter how bad something is... we turn our backs,, give customers a gift card, throw in a free year of something, and let the problem go away.

I dunno what should have happened., but this is not the way to deal with things. It just shouldn't have happened in the first place. That's why you verify the order. I would have also expected shipping would have increased?

Last edited:

bopajuice

Suspended
Mar 22, 2016
Dark side of the moon
I would have kept my mouth shut and enjoyed. Well actually I would have waited a week or so to see if anyone would have come looking for the package, and then enjoyed. But only if I lived in a state where it is legal of course. Wouldn't want to break any laws, right?

BeeGood

macrumors 68000
Sep 15, 2013
Lot 23E. Somewhere in Georgia.
lol.... cool

Amazon really didn't seem to care that much of the seriousness otherwise they would have done more than just a gift card for $150...

That's all we do nowadays no matter how bad something is... we turn our backs,, give customers a gift card, throw in a free year of something, and let the problem go away.

I dunno what should have happened., but this is not the way to deal with things. It just shouldn't have happened in the first place. That's why you verify the order. I would have also expected shipping would have increased?
Not only that, it says that the couple went back and forth with Amazon customer service for a month before they actually did something about it.

Amazon eventuall “made it right”, but yeah I would have been a little ticked off too.

NeilHD

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2014
The publishing of the UPS tracking number in the photo would seem a little bit short-sighted.

I can tell you from typing it in to the UPS tracking site that the package weighed 93.5lbs (and was delivered at 20:14 on the 28th June and left at the back door)... now I doubt that 4 empty plastic crates weighed 28.5lbs, so I'm definitely thinking they "under-reported" the amount to the cops...

I've no idea of the street value of 25lbs or so of marijuana, but I'd imagine its enough for a drug dealer or mobster to strong-arm a UPS employee to get the delivery address to get the difference back...