Police seize $1 million cash, 37 kilos of cocaine in city bust

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by bigjnyc, Nov 20, 2009.

1. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

so one of my buddies from my old neighborhood just emailed me this article:

http://www.thestamfordtimes.com/story/477749

turns out one of the guys busted (victor Marte) is a kid we grew up with wow :eek: I'm just absolutely shocked right now. I remember seeing him last year driving a brand new 80K Mercedes and me in all my naiveness remember thinking damn I have a masters degree and this guy with a high school diploma is driving around in that..... what am i doing wrong? lol seems kind of silly now thinking back. I never put 2 and 2 together. This kid was always just one of the group always playing sports and just kind of hanging out, wow I'm really flabergasted right now, dont even know what to say.

wow 1 Mill in cash I wonder how it feels to have that in your possession just wow

2. adamvk macrumors 65816

adamvk

Well he's off to jail now. So you can rest easily knowing in the end, your Masters Degree was worth it. You will earn success, he just cheated, and was caught.

3. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

u never cheat the system. that is asking for trouble. of course, if u can cheat it w/ out getting caught, then well....

4. bigjnyc thread starter macrumors 601

bigjnyc

I would imagine its very hard to avoid getting caught when you are moving that much merchandise around, eventually someone will slip or you will catch someone's attention, thats just crazy. I would imagine these guys are going to get many years behind bars, In these cases there is usually a bigger fish out there so maybe if they give someone up.... in which case they have to be relocated into witness protection or get killed. I don't really have the cojones for that life style man I rather be content with middle class status and not have to watch my back every 5 minutes.

5. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Speaking of getting busted, some of the people I knew at university got arrested and indicted by the FBI for white collar crime. I remember they were popular well-known "leaders" on the campus.

Epic fail, I say.

6. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

A friend of mine dealt (deal) drugs. He got caught and sentence to 2 years in jail, got out in 8 months. He found a good paying job (I don't know how, he didn't even finish high school.), but got laid off after a year. The last I heard, he's dealing again. :rolleyes:

7. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

You always get caught. It might take awhile, but you'll get caught.

8. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Wirelessly posted (Nokia 5800 Tube XpressMusic : Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.4; U; Series60/5.0 Nokia5800d-1/21.0.101; Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 ) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413)

How do you know? The only cases you ever read about are related to those who were actually caught. ;)

9. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Touché :p

10. red42 macrumors regular

I've just come back from Malaysia where they put these Bastar*s to death.

11. harperjones99 macrumors 6502

Where do you get this idea? Do you really think all criminals eventually get caught?

12. iGary Guest

iGary

What a great idea. :rolleyes:

13. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Someone from my old school got into selling drugs whilst at school. He left in 2001, been in trouble with the police a few times but it was only when he was found with a sawn off shotgun that he was finally put in gaol.
    He denied it of course but there was a photo of himself holding the weapon on his phone.

14. wesrk macrumors 6502a

Check out the 250 million dollars plus other things found in a safety house in Mexico.

[​IMG]

15. bigjnyc thread starter macrumors 601

bigjnyc

It would be tough to be a DEA agent and not want to slip a few of those bills into your pocket lol

16. iOrlando macrumors 68000

doesnt that article support the typical stereotype that if you see a mercedes, bmw, or any fancy car in a really run down area of town..theres a 90% chance or better that its drug related?

i actually believe in that stereotype.

17. DeepIn2U macrumors 68040

DeepIn2U

Now THAT can buy a lot of sisters and a nice cigar with a shot of Tequila ;)