yaxomoxay

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
Last edited:

citizenzen

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2010
Hmm...I want to see the following ten seconds.
Yeah, the way I see it was that she noticed the two men were engaged, so she went in to shake Melania's hand. Instead of breaking that off to shake trump's hand, she continued on her original path.

No harm. No foul.

Interestingly enough he remained on the stage to shake hands with tens of other people and veterans.
That's not all that interesting.

Last edited:

LordVic

macrumors 603
Sep 7, 2011
This is about as much importance as the article about trump confusion over his car.

non-stories that are being used to divide and create discord. nothing else.

Can I give my American friends some advice? Just because it's a reported story, doesn't make it a story.

use critical thinking. Regardless if you're left or right. Conservative or liberal, Republican or Democrat.

pay close attention to the story. if the story doesn't talk about policy or decisions making, take a serious consideration of posting and propogating these non-stories.

they only help create further division. Which is exactly what the lizard overlords want!

dogslobber

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 19, 2014
Apple Campus, Cupertino CA
Well the OP failed at his objective.
On the contrary, the follow up is irrelevant because you can truly see for that moment that Reality TV President was fuming at being shoved aside like he was the leader of Montenegro. The follow up shows Trump's ignorance of stated protocol for such circumstances.

In other words, Reality TV President is a clown.

Reactions: MadeTheSwitch

yaxomoxay

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
On the contrary, the follow up is irrelevant because you can truly see for that moment that Reality TV President was fuming at being shoved aside like he was the leader of Montenegro. The follow up shows Trump's ignorance of stated protocol for such circumstances.

Your ability to read someone else's feelings from a televised 0.5sec long video - which does not even show what you think it does - is uncanny.

Last edited:

BoxerGT2.5

macrumors 68000
Jun 4, 2008

I guess that's where your imagination took you on this one.

yaxomoxay

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
Is Rawstory considered "mainstream" now?

I'd hardly elevate them to that status.
Daily Express published it :)
I agree that MSM is not the culprit in this case, unless they start going after this.
[doublepost=1499364056][/doublepost]
Daily Express published it :)
I agree that MSM is not the culprit in this case, unless they start going after this.
Well, Newsweek now :(

https://www.google.com/amp/www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-handshake-poland-president-wife-melania-trump-smack-video-watch-632808?amp=1
[doublepost=1499364165][/doublepost]And TMZ.
And USA Today.

I retract. MSM is now guilty.
It took me 20 seconds to find the complete video on YouTube.

Populism

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2014
And now we see how fake news is created.
Let's see if Facebook has the guts to ban the links to this fake news as they promised.
And the net effect is that - good, bad, right, or wrong - this story and the truth behind it will further desensitize consumers of news to negative press about Trump.

Personally, I think Trump is an idiot. I enjoy articles/cable news stories that shed an objective light on his idiot-ness.

But once again, here we have liberals/democrats/progressives going out of their way to ensure more Trump victories by posting and parroting fake news turds like this with turrets-like convulsive-glee.

yaxomoxay

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
I think it's funny that you people think fake news is something new.
Never said it's new. Quite the opposite. It just moves faster and it's decentralized, but fake news has always existed. In my youth I loved reading the newspapers and documents that my grandparents collected during fascism (and earlier. We had tons of newspapers from 1880 onwards). So much interesting stuff in them.
I am just saying that this is an opportunity to see how it's created and how it propagates in the modern environment.

Last edited:
Reactions: darksithpro

webbuzz

macrumors 68000
Jul 24, 2010
And the net effect is that - good, bad, right, or wrong - this story and the truth behind it will further desensitize consumers of news to negative press about Trump.

Personally, I think Trump is an idiot. I enjoy articles/cable news stories that shed an objective light on his idiot-ness.

But once again, here we have liberals/democrats/progressives going out of their way to ensure more Trump victories by posting and parroting fake news turds like this with turrets-like convulsive-glee.
Today, the OP is their hero.