Polish priest publishes sex guide

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by edesignuk, May 14, 2009.

1. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

BBC.

Yup, you read that correctly.

2. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

3. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

Contrary to popular belief, the Church is very pro-sex. Sexuality is at the heart of man's relationship with God, according to the Catholic Church.

4. notjustjay macrumors 603

notjustjay

Yep. Read "Song of Solomon" for proof that people in Biblical days really, really enjoyed their relationships with their spouses. :D

The reason the church tends to get so upset about sex in popular culture is because they view it as a special gift that's meant to be shared between one husband and one wife. There's as much an emotional and spiritual component -- a part of the connection between the two -- as there is physical pleasure. Whereas, society tends to try to strip away everything else and only plays up the physical aspect, the hedonistic "hey, it feels good, so why not?"

When I was little, I remember one year I was having a birthday party in the afternoon. One of my best friends dropped by earlier in the day, and gave me a wrapped present. He had me promise not to open it until later at the party. Unfortunately I couldn't wait, and opened it as soon as he left. Later that day at my party, he was very upset that I had not only broken my promise to him, but that I deprived him (and everyone else at the party) the joy of seeing me open his present at the right time. His gift felt cheapened as a result.

5. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

Yep. It's God's very first command he gave mankind. Genesis 1:28 "God said to them[Adam & Eve], 'Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth and subdue it;'" Basically, have lots and lots of sex.:eek: Now that's my kind of God.:)

Also in Paul's letter to the Corinthians 7:3-5. "The husband should fulfill his duty toward his wife, and likewise the wife toward her husband. A wife does not have authority over her own body, but rather her husband, and similarly a husband does not have authority over his own body, but rather his wife. Do not deprive each other, except perhaps by mutual consent..." In short, it's a sin to withhold sex from your spouse. Nice to be Catholic, eh?;)

So if you're Christian and your wife punishes you by making you sleep on the sofa. That's the bible quote you can use against her.

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

There's nothing odd about this at all. The church says sex is okay - just with your spouse.

7. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

'And God said, "No sex before marriage.....unless it's anal. Anal doesn't count."'

Oh, and here's an appropriate photo.

Attached Files: