Polite Request: Come Nov 9th - be cool, ok?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by blackfox, Nov 2, 2016.

1. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

This is kind of a pre-emptive strike (and perhaps a naive one). I've seen this forum close before with contentious Elections, and I've seen people banned or suspended because of all-to-human tendencies. I'd rather that not happen. Whomever you're voting for on the 8th, when the results come in, please try to refrain from (a)gloating (b) whining (c) stirring an already volatile pot. It could already get real ugly out there post-election - let's try and be civil in this little corner of the internet. So, if you respond to this thread, try and make an honorary pledge to behave yourself in a weeks time...cool?

2. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

There will be immediate satisfaction if Hillary loses and shortly dismay will follow as we realize Trump is president.

3. blackfox thread starter macrumors 65816

blackfox

Not really the response I was hoping for. But sure, get it out of your systems I suppose...

4. MacAndMic macrumors 6502

I don't know that I've ever been sour after an election. I pretty much conclude this is what the majority wanted. While I may find it crazy when my choice loses, it is the USA and the USA is decided by the majority.

Now if the popular and electoral vote is won by different candidates, oh boy....not necessarily my point of view but there goes the country.

5. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

I'm going off the grid for the day.

6. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

No matter who wins most will not be happy , so let's hope for a quick change impeachent no matter who wins :D

7. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

I'll be in another county having lunch with two siblings. We're just going to celebrate surviving the experience. :cool: Unless of course the meteor has won, in which case... lunch indefintely postponed?

8. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

In such a case order dessert first :D

9. sim667 macrumors 65816

To be fair Nigel Farage has apparently been offered a job working for Trump if he wins, so the prospect of Trump winning is slowly becoming more appealing to the British.

10. Zenithal macrumors 68040

Really? I plan on going silent in a couple of days because I can't find myself being capable of avoiding this section of the forum. However, I am incredibly happy tonight. After several weeks I've managed to break down some obfuscated code of an annoying website and its product and managed to kill it from my browsing experience on sites that deploy said code.

I understand this interests no one but I am incredibly elated at giving the big shove to these dreadful developers. Now for some armagnac and a good slumber. Good night.

11. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

Oh so true.

12. DanielDD macrumors 6502

I'm gonna be up all night here in Europe following the election. Need to buy some popcorn :D
    But seriously, I hope Americans make the right decision on November 8th

13. decafjava macrumors 68000

decafjava

I do hope the right choice is made:

[​IMG]

I'll pray that Canada and Europe are annexed in that case. ;)

14. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

Eaten. It's not spelled annexed, it's spelled eaten.

15. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

If the presidency is stole from Gary Johnson, on November 9th I will begin my struggle against the usurper. Whomever that may be.

Wolverines!

16. Herdfan macrumors 6502

Here's a vote for the meteor. :) But just to be safe, should we upgrade to a small asteroid? LOL
    --- Post Merged, Nov 3, 2016 ---
    We won't. Look at the ones we made so far. This election would be much more civil it it were between Biden and Cruz/Rubio.

17. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Congratulations... and yet you hoard this little secret while the rest of us struggle with bats and brooms in the dusty corners of the makers of trackers and frackers. Thanks. You owe us a round at the juice bar sometime. See you on the other side of the elections ;)

18. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

Hillary is going to win handily, like her or not. Comey can open up another dozen investigations, at this point it's simply too late. The best Republicans can hope for in the tightening of the race is less of a down ballot hit. For those that doubt, feel free to bump this post on November 9th and rub it in my face but we all know that won't happen.

19. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Even if she wins at this point she's going to get dragged down eventually, too much baggage and corruption.

20. nfl46 macrumors 603

I will be here...probably won't say anything. I am just curious to see how many rigged elections, indictment, and impeachment threads of the next couple of months from Trump supporters. I think a lot of them have already made their minds up if Trump loses that it was "rigged." But, if he wins, everything was "fair."

21. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

glad you got rid of your hillary avatar.
    no worries we can start working on impeaching trump as soon as he is elected :D

22. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

I'll be here for the imploding of account suicides, and I'll probably laugh about it.

23. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

And Trump wouldn't? There's no winning in this election, a lot of decent republicans were unfortunately torpedoed IMO.

24. MarkusL macrumors 6502

We don't have to be cool now, it's not November 9 yet.