Political Compass - Where do you score?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by statik13, May 28, 2018.

?

Where are you on the political compass?

1. Right - Authoritarian

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  2. Right - Libertarian

8 vote(s)
    13.1%
  3. Right - On the line between Authoritarian and Libertarian

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  4. Left - Authoritarian

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Left - Libertarian

34 vote(s)
    55.7%
  6. Left - On the line between Authoritarian and Libertarian

4 vote(s)
    6.6%
  7. Authoritarian - On the line between Right and Left

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Libertarian - On the line between Right and Left

4 vote(s)
    6.6%
  9. Perfectly in the middle

7 vote(s)
    11.5%
  1. statik13 macrumors regular

statik13

One thing that interests me is how some people here claim they are Liberal or Conservative but all their talking points seem to concentrate around Authoritarian or Libertarian views.

That, and the other thread claiming there are more Liberals then Conservatives here... Let's put it to a poll and see where we really sit.

Test yourself here: https://www.politicalcompass.org/ and then score yourself on the attached poll.

[​IMG]

2. AsherN macrumors 6502

[​IMG]

Economic Left/Right: -6.5
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.82

3. 0002378 Suspended

Sorry, I had to create a new vote option for myself - "Entirely don't give a f**k"

4. alex2792 macrumors 6502a

5. Micky Do macrumors 68000

Micky Do

This is me..... seem to have mellowed over nearly five decades. As a teen at high school, in a similar test I was well to the right, and less of a libertarian.
    Screen Shot 2018-05-29 at 08.36.51.png

6. jonblatho macrumors 6502a

jonblatho

Screen Shot 2018-05-28 at 9.56.18 PM.png
    --- Post Merged, May 28, 2018 ---
    Threw this together in Numbers with the published screenshots so far. If people keep replying to this I’ll keep updating it.

Attached Files:

7. Khalanad75 macrumors 6502

Khalanad75

upload_2018-5-28_20-33-44.png
    Economic Left/Right: -6.38
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.9

8. shinji macrumors 65816

shinji

[​IMG]
    Have taken this a few times in the past. Fun, but I always thought the questions were a little loaded.

9. throAU macrumors 603

throAU

What's the option for "i think they're all liars, and to get anywhere in US politics you need to sell your soul to various fringe nutjob lobby groups"?

10. RedKite macrumors regular

RedKite

Well.... considering how "Libertarians" act online and some of the insane things they believe... I had to pick "in the middle". Literally seen videos of libertarian conventions where they argue against the use of driving licenses, against warnings on packaging.... at first I thought they were a parody group but nope! It's what people that strongly identify with the term believe. Not too keen on those kind of polls too as they're usually biased towards specific countries. Maybe that one you linked is a decent one? would have to look more into it...

I believe in personal freedom when it doesn't infringe on the freedoms of others. As in, you can be against having an abortion yourself but you can't tell other people what they can or can't do. I believe in being able to take whatever recreational drug you want but you are not allowed to harm others with it..... ie DUI, smoking drugs around others that don't want that chemical in their bodies.

And that we also have a social responsibility..... to be a member of a society we each have a payment we must make in the form of Being a Decent Person (aka not being a sociopathic selfish twunt that evades taxes, drives too fast and/or recklessly, has an unhealthy and biased view of punishment for criminals, cares nothing for others)

11. FrankieTDouglas macrumors 65816

So you think it's insane to require a driver's license (and from that, a national ID), and for warnings to be required on packaging? Why do you feel those things are necessary?

Also, you inferred that being a decent person doesn't evade taxes, but a sociopath does. That's quite a statement. Why are taxes held to such a lofty platform by you?

12. statik13 thread starter macrumors regular

statik13

I moved from mid right to mid left on the spectrum as well since the 90s. Welcome to the dark side. :p

Not a US specific test, but here is where they scored a few of the US politicians:

[​IMG]

And how did you actually score when you took the test? Did it match your expectations?

13. FrankieTDouglas macrumors 65816

[​IMG]

Seems to change a block or so every time I've taken it. It's been one block into the left before, once dead on the left/right line, and now one block on the right.

14. millerj123 macrumors 65816

Left/libertarian. I didn’t bother keeping my score.

15. RedKite macrumors regular

RedKite

I think you deliberately misunderstood my post. Let’s fix that!

A drivers license is a certificate that proves you are able to operate a dangerous machine, and can follow the rules of the road to prevent loss of life. They argued against warnings on packages as it increases product costs to test for those warnings, and in a free market a company should be allowed to do whatever it wants free of regulations (so they can sell things on a lie ie Snake oil). It’s really quite demented.

I understand many far right americans don’t like taxes. It’s like I said.... weird you should miss that part out.... that it’s our fee for living in a society where roads, police, hospitals, etc all need funding. Imagine if we had to pay the police. The argument there is anyone who pays them more would put the police at risk of being biased. Why would they arrest someone that pays them large sums? At the end of the day those uncaring of lives around them, the selfish ones, well that’s a common feature of sociopathy. Take the people that want others to die because of their crimes - it’s absolutely bizarre in a modern nation to have such bloodlust, don’t you think??

16. jerwin macrumors 68020

Having designed a political philosophy myself, as well as a "compass" to measure and correct impermissible deviance, all I can say is "Welcome".

17. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

The political compass has been executed in this forum before. :) My impression is that the poll makes a significant exaggerated distinction between agree and strongly agree. By the phrasing of many of these questions, I feel that it exaggerates respondent’s accurate feelings. If I agree that the death penalty is necessarily, how different is that from strongly agree? (An example, I voted against the death penalty.)

Bingo! That is me. Seems like the conservatives are less conducive to revealing this info about themselves. :D
    E945FE9C-A084-49B4-BF03-FF63EC6E5720.png
    --- Post Merged, May 29, 2018 ---
    I don’t think he said that.

18. Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

19. jerwin macrumors 68020

I'm way down in the southwest corner, actually.