Politico: Clinton gives her take on Sanders supporters in leaked fundraising recording

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Jess13, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Jess13, Sep 30, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2016

Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

How nice that Sanders’ supporters were Berned, told by him to shut up and support this ‘woman.’

Clinton gives her take on Sanders supporters in leaked fundraising recording

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/hillary-clinton-bernie-sanders-supporters-audio-leak-228997

Leaked audio of a conversation between Hillary Clinton and donors during a February fundraising event shows the Democrat nominee describing Bernie Sanders supporters as "children of the Great Recession" who are "living in their parents’ basement."

Speaking at a Virginia fundraiser hosted by former U.S. ambassador Beatrice Welters, Clinton says in a clip released by the Free Beacon Friday that many of her former primary opponent's supporters sought things like “free college, free healthcare,” saying that she preferred to occupy the space "from the center-left to the center-right" on the political spectrum.

“Buh, buh, Hillary gonna have the most progressive platforms! The DNC said they is! Trump, and Putin.”

2. Plutonius macrumors 604

Plutonius

Are all politicians stupid ? Everything is saved and there is no privacy.

I'm sure this will be used by Trump in an ad.

3. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Especially at fundraisers. That was where Romney's 47% comment came from.

However, I don't think this was a slam. The whole comment in context:

4. nfl46 macrumors 604

Excuse you, OP? What exactly did she say wrong? She was by no means mocking them. She is basically saying most of them have been living in their basement due to the recession, and cannot find jobs for what they went to school for...which is TRUE for A LOT of young college graduates.

Hell, its only Trump supporters trying to make something out of nothing.

You saw "leaked" and got all excited...TRY AGAIN, buddy.

5. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Context helps.

6. Robisan macrumors 6502

Pfft. Context has a well-known liberal bias.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 30, 2016 ---
    Mike Casca, Sanders campaign press secretary:

ugh. this is incredibly misleading, @Politico. she's clearly saying she gets why bernie's supporters are frustrated​

7. jerwin macrumors 68000

tweets don't need context.

8. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

Finally, leaked information that will actually work to Hillary Clinton's benefit. Thanks for helping to spread the word.:oops:

9. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I think you need to understand why people support certain candidates.

10. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Seems to me a very reasonable assessment of Sanders' supporters. Trumpets wish their candidate could articulate things like this. Believe me.

11. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Bernie Sanders supporters live with their parents in the basement.

12. zin Suspended

Why does she say these things to meetings with wealthy donors? Why is she so afraid to make her true views known publicly?

13. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Thanks to the still- ****ed up economy, would you feel better if they were living in the streets?

Shee-****ing-eesh!

14. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Most of the Bernie supporters I know still live at home or share a house (3-4 people living in one house). The one Bernie supporter I know that does live on her own Ian's has kids decided a year ago to stop paying her mortgage and to just wait it out. It's been a year since she paid her mortgage and she is still there.

15. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Good article, I read her quotes for the context. I did not listen to the audio.

I imagine the idea of "free education" came about because the millennials DO see what's happening in Europe, do see how jobs leave America - at which point the college costs, which are 1120% higher now than in 1978, become a sheer waste. They've seen how the boomers had it and do have SOME fair expectations. But not "free", maybe a "fair" cost and the admins at the top can give up the desire for a 5th yacht. Especially with all the corporate welfare they get as it's been reported for over a decade that taxpayers spend far more on that... Indeed, it has doubled social welfare spending since 2013: http://truthinmedia.com/corporate-welfare-is-almost-double-social-welfare/

Taxpayers paying companies to leave the US. Some boomers think that's a great thing, too...

And don't read reader comments, please don't!!

The resultant edification might be shocking

I bet people do, just for different reasons.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 1, 2016 ---
    The system is badly broken, but what does not paying when able going to accomplish? Apart from more bank bailouts because they will be seen as the innocent snowflakes (again) while we overlook society's problems just to blame and scapegoat solely the working class or anything else that's not part of the "supply side" that gets more and more in subsidy and bailouts by taxpayers even though Obama once said there would be no more bailouts, "period" yet QE and corporate welfare and other things that are rightly called bailouts still exist for the supply side that still bleats that government involvement in their market is bad. They just won't admit the inconvenient truth that they want government whenever it benefits them while screwing the rest of us over but otherwise tell us they don't want government. Then wonder why nobody believes them anymore.

16. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

This is why zero down loans are a bad idea. She is planning I saving all the mortgage payments is isn't making for the 2 years it can take to go through foreclosure mediation. Then she will start paying her mortgage or she'I'll just leave with a handful of cash. It's crazy.

17. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

I can't wait to see this **** lose the election and watch all the Clinton apologist heads explode.

18. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

I disagree.

19. Jess13 thread starter Suspended

Jess13

It’s hilarious how many of Her supporters commented to this defending Her or attempting minimization without listening to the audio to hear Hillary’s mocking disdain for Bernie’s supporters. What’s funnier, is how Hillary was, in secret, making Bernie supporters into jokes for Her donor$, who laughed along.

Hillary: “Bernie supporters want political revolution—they’re idiots who don’t understand politics.” [laughter]

20. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Even when you listen to it, you hear the comments in context. Clinton is genuinely concerned. Her opponent doesn't know or care that they're living with their parents or can't get a job to pay off college loans.

21. Jess13 thread starter Suspended

Jess13

False.

22. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Donald can't be bothered to prepare for a debate. He clearly doesn't care about others.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 1, 2016 ---
    If Clinton understands that the young have been ****ed over that is at least half the battle towards progress on these issues.

23. zin Suspended

What are you talking about? He beat her hands down on jobs and the economy in the first third and, despite the topic of the debate being national security, two of his 15 exclusive questions were on tax returns and the birther issue. Of her two exclusive questions, one of them was about being a woman and none of them were about her risking America's secrets.

24. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

She won the debate hands down. You admitted it yourself before returning to Trump denial mode.

25. Jess13 thread starter Suspended

Jess13

That’s because Donald ‘wings it,’ not smart when robotic Hillary has prepared talking points and lies.