Politico: Philippine leader issues foul-mouthed warning to Obama

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Jess13, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

I don’t support this piece of **** Rodrigo Duterte’s war on drugs, but I support his swearing at Obama. Everyone should be swearing at Obama daily. And how is Obama going to criticize extrajudicial killings when Obama has assassinated thousands by extrajudicial killing?

Philippine leader issues foul-mouthed warning to Obama

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/philippine-leader-issues-foul-mouthed-warning-to-obama-227730

MANILA, Philippines — Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte has warned President Barack Obama not to question him about extrajudicial killings, or “son of a bitch, I will swear at you” when they meet in Laos during a regional summit.

Duterte said Monday before flying to Laos that he is a leader of a sovereign country and is answerable only to the Filipino people.

He said Obama must be respectful and not just throw questions at him, or else, “son of a bitch, I will swear at you in that forum.”​

**** Obama. **** Duterte.

2. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Not a total fan of Obama, but he should definitely bring up extrajudicial killings.

3. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Say what you want about Obama, but he is one cool cat.

Rodrigo Duterte is a scary, scary individual.

4. Jess13 thread starter Suspended

Jess13

Obama’s a smart dude, and he is cool in a charismatic want-to-like-the-guy kind of way. But Obama also is pure evil: a terrorist, war criminal, USA-hating, anti-American traitor and easily one of the worst POTUS’ of all-time. But yes, Rodrigo Duterte is a scary, scary individual.

5. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Source for that? It's a rather silly statement to make.

6. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Clearly, he's a colorful guy.

(Which I'm officially claiming as my stock catch-phrase for at least the next couple of weeks.)

7. Jess13 thread starter Suspended

Jess13

I have posted more than enough examples the past year, in threads you have read and commented in.

8. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Then link to them. Before saying someone is USA hating, and a traitor there should be some proof. It's a little difficult to make the case that someone hates the USA while pursuing and becoming the leader of it.

9. Desertrat macrumors newbie

He's publicly saying what many other VIPs are too polite to say--although many think it. :)

10. Jess13 thread starter Suspended

Jess13

11. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Geez, right off the bat on your first point you couldn't even make the case. Your link referenced CNN's reporting of the event, but what it did not do is substantiate your claim that his tears were fake. You are attempting to take your own biases, and your own personal opinion and present them as fact. But there is no proof that his tears were fake. And certainly no proof that he is USA hating which was what you were supposed to be backing up.

Now you go on to talk about various drone and eavesdropping tactics that I would say refute your point further. If anything, trying to keep the country safe would be a pro-USA stance, not a hate one.

12. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

As Husseins reign comes to a close, the sheer lack of respect other leaders have for him is being freely revealed. It may likely get worse, time will tell.

13. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

Signed indefinite detention w/o trial. Support the patriot act and nsa spying , sold the American population to the HC industry

14. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

None of which is hating the USA.

15. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

It's treason.

16. Jess13 thread starter Suspended

Jess13

Psychopaths can fake emotion and cry fake tears. Obama kills kids and arms terrorists [with machine guns] who kill kids. If you read what I said and viewed the links, and honestly still are unable to see how Obama is a USA-hating, anti-American, there is nothing else to say to you: Right over your head.

17. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

It isn't.

18. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

Betraying the country is, him and everyone in congress who helped him pass it should be in jail for it, he swore to uphold the constitution. Instead he took a dump all over it

19. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I think you're overreacting...

20. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

I think you don't understand what the constitution and due process mean

21. vrDrew macrumors 65816

I think most of the violent and disgusting anti-Obama rhetoric says more about the person saying it than it does about President Obama.

It's a lesson I learned a long time ago, but its pretty much always a waste of time arguing with such people.

People are entitled to their opinions. People can believe the moon is made of green cheese, and you could get a great education at Trump University if they want. That doesn't make it so.

But I think such people do need to accept the fact that hundreds of millions of people, both in this country and around the world, have a pretty high opinion of President Obama. From an historical perspective, it sometimes can take decades for a President's significance, and impact on the US, to come totally into focus. (Do we think it was such a good idea to send weapons and cash to Islamist fighters in Afghanistan in the 1980s?) But at the very least, President Obama successfully led this country out of one of the worst economic crises in the past hundred years. He passed legislation that finally put us on the road to universal health coverage. He oversaw tremendous strides in the rights of the LGBT community. He negotiated landmark agreements on trade and ecological issues. He oversaw the forging of an agreement to peacefully end Iran's nuclear weapons program.
    Despite near universal Republican efforts to the contrary, he has run one of the most scandal-free Administrations in modern American political history. And throughout his tenure as President he has retained a calm; thoughtful; and thoroughly decent demeanor. One that has endeared him to millions of people around the world.

22. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

Yeah. Low information voters

23. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

you can't call the whole world a low information voter.

24. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

I love irony.
    You are exaggerating if you imply the whole world thinks highly of Obama

25. mudslag, Sep 5, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2016

mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

In which case majority of Congress is equally to blame but that always seems to be missing from this point.