PolitiFact: Hillary most truthful of remaining candidates

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Robisan, Mar 29, 2016.

1. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

To reframe the serious business of running the United States of America as a "fun topic" is an ideal way to erase reality, forgive snuffing out babies and other extermination of humans at the sole discretion and convenience of madame secretary. It's certainly got to make up for her frustrations surrounding targets who've eluded her poison. Murder and mayhem have always thrilled the powerful and their minions. As the next POTUS she'll make the big boys proud.

2. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Healthcare didn't change for the better? The millions of people who didn't have coverage before and were shoved to the margins, faced with lifetime caps on coverage or outright excluded over pre-existing conditions but do have coverage now, would beg to differ. People such as myself who did not have decent options before.

He hardly rode the coat tails of the gay movement. Do you think a President McCain would have invited gay parented families to the White House lawn for the Easter Egg roll just a few months into his Presidency? Do you think a President McCain would have dropped DADT? Not a chance.

Yes the jury is still out on Cuba. I neither said it was an improvement nor worse. Just that after over a half century of something not working, we are trying something new. That's better than doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

3. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Or republicans lie more.

4. Robisan thread starter macrumors 6502

The simplest, most obvious explanation is usually the correct one.

5. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Until we get rid of insurance companies we will never fix healthcare. Giving them more business to screw over patients is not a solution. That is what Obama Care does.

6. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Healthcare industry has already lined Clinton's pockets to ensure that doesn't happen.

7. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Im sure if the republicans in congress decided they wanted a public option it would pass.

8. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Trump already proposed that.

9. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

Didn't figure you for the obvious cheap shot. Live and learn.

10. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Honestly the issue is probably the lying Republican presidential candidates. In congress both sides score about the same and substantially less than Obama/Hilary/Sanders.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 30, 2016 ---
    Wake me up when he gets it to congress.

11. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

Hey, I would vote for JK, if I lived in his precinct/district. I hope he does run for office.
    Yes, but, that makes me feel old. Well, OK, I'm having trouble with Ford.
    Kasich didn't look too bad. Of course, despite his highly conservative record, some consider him a RINO. Maybe because he doesn't lie enough?

12. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

While you're being honest, admit you didn't read the sourced article, preferring instead to go for the cheap shot.

Those stats I provided were for all Republicans vs Democrats.

13. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

And Trump and Cruz are in the "all republicans" group.

14. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

So facts won't sway you. Good to know.

15. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Doesn't seem to help you much either.

16. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

Donald Trump has also proposed building a 1,000 mile wall and waging a war against Mexico.

He hasn't he hasn't proposed a way to get these ideas through Congress or a way to pay for either.

It goes against all their neo-feudalist tendencies, but Trump supporters have to understand that that President is not King in the U.S. We have a separation of powers and the presidency is a relatively weak branch of government not designed to facilitate radical change.

17. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

In response I quote your words:
    So what I said was 'Truth', you may have inferred from my statement is that Obama was the cause of this. Thus my statement (using your logic) about Obama and the sun was as true as Cruz's statement about Obama and jobs moving to foreign markets.

So moving on to more quantitative measures, I put forward the unemployment history of the last 10 years, which has seen much turmoil during Obama's presidency and is due to the financial crisis that happened under GWB's presidency. ... Of course that part you didn't address...

18. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

What do you mean?

19. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Yet just today he said it should be left up to private companies and the federal government should have little role. Just as on other issues, he is all over the map with no coherent position.
    Yeah yesterday he said something along the lines of "Wouldn't it be great if I could say something and it just got done". I thought wow....he really does think of himself as King.

20. tshrimp macrumors 6502

tshrimp

Not needed....with Politifact it is implied :)