POLL: Did you pay retail or discount for your Iphone 4 on VZW?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Pravius, Feb 9, 2011.

?

Did you pay the retail or discounted price for your Iphone on VZW?

Poll closed Feb 14, 2011.
  1. Yes I paid Retail

10 vote(s)
    26.3%
  2. No I was able to get a discount for an upgrade.

28 vote(s)
    73.7%
  1. Pravius macrumors regular

Just curious to see how gluttonous I am being... or if there are people as tech crazy as I am out there?

2. ace198 macrumors regular

Well I paid whatever the 2-year contract price was. So $199+tax for 16GB. Likely to pay full retail when the new iPhone 5 for Verizon comes out.

3. Dandrews524 macrumors 6502

not to crash all your threads but i paid full retail through verizon. thats $650 plus taxes, not to mention accessories i bought for it. you will find more than couple tech lovers around these forums, im sure im not alone

4. digitard macrumors 6502a

digitard

I used my contract for 299.

Although I'll be buying a iPhone 5 this summer at full price. Not because I'm an upgrade junkee, but because my wife wants one now and is under contract so I'm going to buy the 5 for me in the summer, and give her my 4 since it'll be a HUGE HUGE HUGE step up from her BB Bold 9650.

5. MedicSteve09 macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

I paid contract price for my 32gb. I also used my NE2 $50 credit. Total cost ~$267

I have however paid non contract prices for phones before.

6. Pravius thread starter macrumors regular

My fiancee thinks I am absolutely insane for paying full retail and frankly I am not a big spender typically. Rather frugal honestly but when it comes to technology and new toys I hardly have self control.

I recently used to be Anti - Mac person to be honest recently needed to learn OSX for my business (Tech consulting and Service) and I fell in love with the quality and seamless design of OSX.

7. Onthelo macrumors regular

Onthelo

I paid $199 for the 32GB. When the new iPhone comes out next or possibly an let version I would pay full price for it since I am now back in contract. You can't put a price on your tech happiness just like you can't tell your wife not to buy a purse because it cost to much or that she doesn't need another pair of shoes to add to her 50 already.. :D

8. Pravius thread starter macrumors regular

Think you may be able to call her and explain that for me? I am officially in the dog house, but at least I will have an Iphone with me!:apple:;)

9. Bswartz95 macrumors 6502

Bswartz95

I am due for an upgrade, but chose to hold onto it and pay full retail price. I didn't want to be locked into a two year contract. Perhaps within the next two years, a newer, faster iPhone will be released, and I'll have an upgrade. (to use on technology that is not already several months old) :)

10. Onthelo macrumors regular

Onthelo

Maybe for valentines day you could buy her something nice that she h always wanted to make up for the iPhone ;).

11. landscapeman macrumors regular

I paid the discounted rate and I planned on buying the next Verizon iPhone retail

12. Coasterfanryan macrumors regular

I didn't yet, but I am set on doing so during the summer. I am happy with my phone now, but I really don't want to wait till my upgrade in November.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

13. tsolt macrumors regular

tsolt

14. whiteyanderson macrumors 6502

Full price here through Apple so I save a few $ on the 32GB. I'll just sit on my late summer upgrade to see what happens. If the newest iPhone comes out in the summer or in Feb and it is much more amazing than this one (LTE/ Voice & Data) then, I'll use my upgrade at that time and sell this one.