Poll: Do you believe the upcoming iPhone design rumours?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Wrathwitch, Jul 12, 2012.

?

Do you believe the upcoming iPhone design rumours?

Poll closed Jul 17, 2012.
  1. NO, I think/hope they will surprise us again.

60 vote(s)
    27.0%
  2. YES, it really seems that this is what we are getting.

103 vote(s)
    46.4%
  3. I don't care either way I am still getting one.

25 vote(s)
    11.3%
  4. If it IS just a taller phone I am not upgrading.

34 vote(s)
    15.3%
  1. Wrathwitch macrumors 65816

I have been following all of the rumours avidly and I still cannot in my heart imagine that Apple will just stretch the phone to be a bit taller to give it a larger screen. To me it just doesn't jive with the asthetics that Apple incorporates in its design.

So Who here thinks it will be something quite different from the supposed rumours and leaks?

I think they will surprise and delight us with a new design that is different from the rumour leaks.

2. Spectrum Abuser macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

The larger Macbook Pro's are essentially[excluding hardware configurations] a base model 13' with a stretched LCD screen and wider body. I don't believe that these rumors are the truth, but they do give us an opportunity to see what the next iPhone could look like before the masses.

EDIT: And where's the option to where 'I'll just choose a different phone'?

3. Zaft macrumors 68040

Zaft

IMO i think its gonna be what we have seen so far. If i remember correctly people were bashing the iphone4 design when it leaked. I would not make a judgment so quickly, lets wait until its official and see it in person. :)

4. ThatsMeRight macrumors 68020

I really hope this is some sort of trick from Apple. Perhaps the leaked parts are actually old iPhone 4(S) prototypes (which never made it).

Tim Cook said Apple was doubling down on secrecy.. but so far he hasn't proven it.

As I said, I really hope Apple is deliberately throwing us off track and surprises us with a design really different from the iPhone 4.

And a lot of people weren't bashing on the leaked iPhone 4 design. I personally loved it when I first saw it on Gizmodo. This new iPhone design, however, is horrible (in my opinion).

5. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

6. bad03xtreme macrumors 6502a

bad03xtreme

I think the ugly stretched 4S is what it will be, once confirmed I will move to an Android device but I will hold out hope and wait until it's officially unveiled before I buy either.

7. Wrathwitch thread starter macrumors 65816

I figured I would try to keep the thread true to the heart of Apple and not offer the jump ship option. Basically it is covered in the "I just won't upgrade" option. :)

8. nfl46 macrumors 603

Yes. We've seen wayyyy too many pictures of this mockup from different people for it to be fake. We didn't see this many of the suppose redesign iPhone 4S before it came out...the one with the teardrop shop.

This iPhone 5 one looks real.

9. ctc799 macrumors member

I think the chances are pretty good that the rumors will be true, as they all fit together and make sense.

I'd still love to see something totally different than anything we expected though!

10. burnside macrumors 6502

+1

Exactly. If these pics were from one source, then I'd be skeptical, but every leak, all from different sources, show the same design. This is most likely what we're going to get.

11. Spectrum Abuser macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

That doesn't cover it, though. You should never be loyal to a company because they're not loyal to you. If they fail to deliver I'll choose a competitor product. I will not hang onto an old iPhone just for the sake of not upgrading.

12. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

If these rumors turn out to be true, and for the love of all that's holy, I hope they're not, it will be the biggest mistake Apple has made in a long time. IMHO. Taller and not wider is just a dumb, dumb, dumb idea. Did I say dumb?

13. Zaft macrumors 68040

Zaft

I think apple doesnt want to make the phone too big. Wider would be harder to hold as apposed to taller.

14. ThatsMeRight macrumors 68020

If it's thinner, it is not. Think about it: what is more diffecult to hold? A stone with a thickness of 10 cm but is only 0.5 cm wide? Or a stone with a thickness of 1 cm but is 5 cm wide.

Anyone would prefer the second one - yet it is thicker. It's about how it fits in the hands.

And besides, Apple could have done something with the bezel on the side (so the phone wouldn't become bigger).

15. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

It will be their best selling phone regardless, so not really.

16. mjpearce023 macrumors 6502

I am hoping this design will be the 5 and there will be an iPhone pro with a 4.5" edge to edge screen. I think it’s about time for 2 iPhones. Of course hoping and thinking is two different things. I doubt it will really happen but it would be nice to give some options. There could be a 16 and 32 gig iPhone 5 and a 64 and 128 gig iPhone pro. The 5 could have the a5x processor and the pro could have a quad core a6 processor. The pro would also have a better battery. I'll keep dreaming.

17. james92se macrumors 6502a

I can't fathom that Apple would keep essentially the exact same phone for 3 years (hell, maybe FOUR years if they shaft us with a 5S) but all of the evidence is pointing that way.

Part of me secretly maintains hope Apple will blow us away with some total redesign but the realist in me is kind of resigned to the fact that, yes, Apple will likely stick us with the same design.

18. Zaft macrumors 68040

Zaft

doesnt the non retina macbook pro have the same design of like 4 years?

19. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I pretty much agree with everyone in this thread. We want something new and 'Radical' from this very innovative company.

20. Indy21, Jul 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2012

Indy21 macrumors 6502

If the rumors and pics are legit I'll be one of the first line to buy, no problem, since I'm upgrading from 3GS.

Isnt it kind of early though for so many supposed 'leaks' being exposed?

If the new iPhone is going to come out Sept/Oct, that means we still likely have 2 full months left of rumors and 'spy shots'!

Maybe an August announcement isn't too far fetched.

All I know is that I'm excited to be upgrading to a brand new shiny iPhone before the holidays, can't wait!

Edit: I would also like to add that my feelings would not be hurt if the leaks did not turn out to be the new iPhone, as I don't mind being surprised. :)

21. THE JUICEMAN macrumors 68000

THE JUICEMAN

I believe that this longer model is what we are going to get unfortunately. Apple is thinking if it's not broken then don't fix it. I YEARN for a big redesign just as much as everyone else but I'm growing very doubtful. The iPhone 5 will still be very very nice, just without a huge redesign.

22. LaWally macrumors 6502a

I've pretty much been ignoring the rumors. My 4S will last me for 2-3 more years. Does everything I need it to do.

23. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

The more I think about it the more I don't think it will be. It just doesn't jive with Apple's typically beautiful designs, the leaked stretched phones are ugly. The tall screen just doesn't make sense. I'm hoping it's just a distraction from the real phone.

24. burnside macrumors 6502

By now Apple has already finalized the design and manufacturing the new phone has begun, so these leaks are not early at all. In fact, when the iPhone 4 leak happened, it was already 3 months before the unveiling.

----------

Poor analogy when the dimensions are at such extremes. Anyway, I'm sure Apple will make the device comfortable to hold or they wouldn't release it in the first place.