<Poll>Expresscard/34 USB 3.0 Would you use it if Apple allowed you to?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Reapur, May 7, 2010.

?

Would you use a USB 3.0 Express card in your new MBP if Apple let you?

Poll closed Jun 6, 2010.
  1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. Reapur macrumors regular

Title pretty much says it all. Would you use USB 3.0(in the form of an Express Card) for external storage if Apple included a driver in OSX to support the Superspeed standard?

It has been confirmed by Apple that the new i5 and i7 17 inchers have an Expresscard 2.0 in them. This makes the machine actually capable of taking advantage of the 5gb/s throughput USB 3.0 offers.

There is a plethora of USB 3.0 enclosures you can purchase on Newegg for around 30 bucks which is cheep for a massive speed boost. Im curious as to what peoples feelings are about it and how interested the community is in being able to use their Expresscard for something really useful.

Please feel free to leave your personal thoughts as to why you answered the way you did.

2. Reapur thread starter macrumors regular

3. Reapur thread starter macrumors regular

4. grahamnp macrumors 6502a

I was actually going to and then I stopped myself because I figured that if I ever needed to replace my MBP with another 15" one, it would have no express card. Just as well that I did because I didn't know at the time that OSX did not support USB3.0.