Poll: Has it Gone Too Far ?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Plutonius, Oct 5, 2018.

?

Is "Make Them Scared", a good idea in it's current form

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

17 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Plutonius macrumors 604

Plutonius

A site, "Make them Scared", allows people to anonymously post the identity of students who they accuse of committing sexual assaults. All the claims are unsubstantiated and the site does not verify anything.

I can see publishing names of people who were convicted but I think the way they did it was going too far.

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

This is a terrible idea for very obvious reasons. This is nothing more than vigilantism.

3. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

I feel like people are free to accuse whom ever they want, publicly as well. But the accused are also free to sue the crap out of the accusers and the website owners for defamation and damages.

4. RootBeerMan macrumors 65816

RootBeerMan

This is a really bad idea and someone is going to end up getting the snot sued out of them for it. The site and the accuser should both be liable for damages, if not criminal charges. As far as being anonymous, I'm betting that only goes so far. It also detracts from legitimate cases.

5. rafark macrumors 6502a

rafark

6. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

How is this different from Social Media really?

7. vertical smile macrumors 68040

vertical smile

This stuff is getting out of control.

It is bad for everyone. Of course the people falsely accused by anonymous sources, but also for true victims that might not be believed due to so many false accusations going around.

8. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

9. Tech198 macrumors G5

This sounds more like "trusting" on anonymity alone, than anything. That is, trusted of the site.... The IP's are still viable.. Weather they say "there is nothing verified" i bet that's only info posted.. not IP's logged... So, who really know who they are working for, and IF.

To me, that's bad idea. Common sense goes above and beyond all of this... even trusting encryption