Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPhone 5 owners; are you biting?

• I own the 5, and I am getting the 5S.

Votes: 117 62.9%
  • I own the 5, but I am holding out for the 6.

Votes: 69 37.1%

• Total voters

user-name-here

macrumors 65816
Aug 31, 2013
Have the 4s, passed on the 5 (not a big enough upgrade), getting the 5s so I guess I qualify for the poll.

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2008
Agreed. It really is. I think this year is more about the OS than the hardware.

ETA: Since 2007 here, too.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
Have the 4s, passed on the 5 (not a big enough upgrade), getting the 5s so I guess I qualify for the poll.

You qualify for the poll if you own the 5. 4S>5S is a no brainer. 5>5S is hardcore Apple slut. I'm tallying the sluts.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
I'm a slut :) I have all the iPhones to date lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I hereby dub us the '07 Club. Anyone who has had every phone since the first one is a member. I wonder how many people on the planet that encompasses. We are no doubt a minority among all iPhone owners.

kryptonkid07

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2010
Houston, TX
I went from a 3G unlocked to T-Mobile to a 4 on AT&T then a 4S then a 5. I don't think I'm getting the 5S. I'm very happy the phone looks the same. I can do without the fingerprint sensor, which I do think is a cool feature.

The one feature that would make me want to get it is the camera. I take lots of photos on my phone and love to edit and post to instagram.

CaCohen0509

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2010
I hereby dub us the '07 Club. Anyone who has had every phone since the first one is a member. I wonder how many people on the planet that encompasses. We are no doubt a minority among all iPhone owners.

i would also like to join the club and receive a jacket, although i don't have an account from '07. Hope that wasn't any sort of authentication haha. but I can send you pictures of my iPhone boxes i have piled up starting from the OG iPhone.

Also getting a 5S, I swap current phones with my sister and she lets me use her upgrade every other year, its been a good deal so far haha.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
5s owners will be in for a world of hurt when the 6 drops.

"But you could wait and wait and wait"

I don't feel like I'm in for a world of hurt with the 5s coming out in a day, and holding onto my 5 for at least another year still.

Serban

Suspended
Jan 8, 2013
i am replacing the iphone 5 with 5s and the iphone 4s with iphone 5c or 5s different color

Robster3

macrumors 68000
Dec 13, 2012
I got my iPhone 5 in February. Giving my 64GB to my son and a new 5S 64GB in the morning. It will cost me $4 a week extra but gives me $600 worth of calls a month instead of $450, and my nearly 17 year old scores a iPhone 5. And i am pocketing the cash from his ipod touch 5 sale on ebay:)

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I have the 5, its a year old and being in mid contract, I see no reason to upgrade to the 5s. Sure it offers a faster processor, and the M7 (whatever that will do) but I don't see that justification to sell (or trade in) the iPhone 5, and pay the full unsubsidized price for the 5s.

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007
Me too, since 2007, though I must admit, this year is the least compelling since 3G>3GS.

Interesting. To me this is far and away the best S upgrade yet.

I've always been contract free unlocked but always passed on the S upgrades. 4S and Siri didn't interest me in the slightest (I never use it even now, exceptionally poor in the UK ime, in all regards of voice recognition and functionality). At the time, I was happy with my 3G for two years (until it dropped off a cliff with iOS4 - fortunately I was always getting a launch 4) but this time around the 5S has me all in.

I always use a 6 digit passcode, 5 minute delay, and the prospect of kissing goodbye to that ballache is tremendous. The bonus is better camera, faster cpu/gpu and the M7 - which blatantly foreshadows an imminent Apple wearable (ie watch) - will get some interesting applications too. I'm a fitness freak, and the potential for use with fitbit type stuff is great going forward.

If it was just a speed bump, I wouldn't be the slightest bit interested as the 5 is still blazing in that regard, and the camera is brilliantly capable for a phone camera.

Anthony T

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
I've owned every iPhone aside from the original (which I ended up buying used a few years back to keep as a spare phone, then got rid of it). This is the first year that I think I'm going to save my upgrade and wait for the iPhone 6.

Touch ID seems awesome, but there aren't enough other major changes that would make me want to waste my upgrade when there is a new iPhone with a potentially larger screen coming next year.

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2008

I suspect that many of us are here on Macrumors.

----------

5s owners will be in for a world of hurt when the 6 drops.

"But you could wait and wait and wait"

I don't feel like I'm in for a world of hurt with the 5s coming out in a day, and holding onto my 5 for at least another year still.

How do you figure? Plenty of us will upgrade again next year. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.