Poll : Is what Trump said wrong.

Do you think what Trump said about groping women was wrong ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors 604
Oct 27, 2009
Nope, cause I refuse to believe Trump is a habitual vagina grabber. Trump was trying to be comical when saying that.

BTW .... I highly dislike Trump, but I'm not going to join the bandwagon. Although Trump has said plenty of other things that disgust me, which he was obviously serious about.

thingstoponder

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2014
Nope, cause I refuse to believe Trump is a habitual vagina grabber. Trump was trying to be comical when saying that.

BTW .... I highly dislike Trump, but I'm not going to join the bandwagon. Although Trump has said plenty of other things that disgust me, which he was obviously serious about.
He doesn't have to be habitual for the comment to be wrong. Even as a joke it's wrong.

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
Of course it is wrong. However it's not the fact that he made the comment that is such a big deal. The problem is even if he was lying about sexually assaulting women that kind of behavior fits in with what we know of his character from every other source. If you weren't already against Trump this shouldn't be what changes your mind since we have long known about this side of him we just haven't heard it out as bluntly from his own mouth before.

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
100 million copies of 50 shades of gray sold
Rihanna shows up near naked at events.
and you are "outraged" about what a troll said over 1 decade ago while forgetting what the current front runner of the dems did to the women who attacked her hubby, you guys are priceless :D
[doublepost=1475975498][/doublepost]

[doublepost=1475976023][/doublepost]

Plutonius

macrumors 604
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
Of course it was wrong. Unfortunately, I see this as typical male behavior when they are talking about women and are not being PC.

If I was female, I would have been pissed off and probably wouldn't vote for Trump.

As a male, I think back to all the like conversations I heard and just shrug.

What drives me crazy are all the male politicians that are acting shocked like they never saw it before.

APlotdevice

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2011
Of course it was wrong. Unfortunately, I see this as typical male behavior when they are talking about women and are not being PC.

If I was female, I would have been pissed off and probably wouldn't vote for Trump.

What drives me crazy are all the male politicians that are acting shocked like they never saw it before.
Well those male politicians have to worry about a 53% female electorate.

Peace

macrumors Core
Original poster
Apr 1, 2005
Space--The ONLY Frontier
100 million copies of 50 shades of gray sold
Rihanna shows up near naked at events.
and you are "outraged" about what a troll said over 1 decade ago while forgetting what the current front runner of the dems did to the women who attacked her hubby, you guys are priceless :D[doublepost=1475975498][/doublepost][doublepost=1475976023][/doublepost]

Please vote or leave this topic alone.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003

Odd how these stories match what he said.

Jill Harth, a pageant owner trying to work with Trump in the mid-1990s, filed suit against him in federal court in Manhattan in 1997, describing a “relentless” campaign of sexual harassment and assault including an incident in which he reached under a table, put his hands on her thighs and grabbed her “intimate private parts” during a meeting at a New York restaurant.

Miss USA pageant contestant Temple Taggart, a former Miss Utah, last May told the New York Times Trump kissed her on the lips without her consent, and that she believed he did the same to other contestants.
http://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-words-echo-womans-allegations-507763

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK

I don't think men say they want to rape women generally.

vrDrew

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2010
Midlife, Midwest
A literal interpretation of Donald Trump's words is that they are a man bragging about his habit of committing sexual assault.

I simply cannot recall, at any time in my adult life, overhearing or being party to anything remotely comparable. If I had, I would have - at the very least - suggested the person responsible seek professional help. If I subsequently discovered that there was truth to his claims, I would have sought out the victims and recommended they pursue criminal charges.

smallcoffee

macrumors 68000
Oct 15, 2014
North America
I don't think men say they want to rape women generally.
He said that because he was a star, he could just grab women right?

Well, it seems to me that he's just speaking crassly about something that is a popular idea. If you're a star you get all the girls/women are throwing themselves on you/etc... .

That's basically what he said. He didn't say he likes to around raping people. That's hyperbolic.

He is probably a womanizer, though. (as it should be no surprise to anybody)

Reactions: thermodynamic

thermodynamic

Suspended
May 3, 2009
USA
So Trump sounds like any stereotype sailor. Yet we don't demand we kick all the blokes out of the military.

He was a star, women do tend to go after stars. Not all, duh, but a number seem to. If they are offering themselves to him, is that not a sign of consent? Smallcoffee above said it best, "Well, it seems to me that he's just speaking crassly about something that is a popular idea. If you're a star you get all the girls/women are throwing themselves on you/etc...".

Hey, people asked for perspectives, I'll find one that isn't parroting the same bogus baboonery everyone else says, regardless if they have valid points or otherwise. On a level, some points are valid. On a level, some are not. I will now explain why I don't care either way right now:

Especially when Democrats defended Bill regarding keeping personal and business lives separate and what people do in their own personal lives are their own business and not really ours... methinks some of the baboonery from some is a stinking double standard.

Also, why can't this election be about issues instead of slime getting all the visibility, both sides both have their issues - I don't think people care. They're both successful so why hate on the successful?

Reactions: mgguy