Poll: Latinos Prefer Obama By 39-Point Margin

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Coleman2010, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

Is it any wonder why Romney has gone all birther/welfare queen on Obama? Romney is losing the Latino, Jewish and African American vote. Romney's only hope is to win with Whites.

Hostile is an understatement.

http://www.latinodecisions.com/blog...l-wave-1-latino-vote-uphill-climb-for-romney/
    http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/poll-latinos-prefer-obama-by-nearly-forty-point

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Read an article earlier where a Republican operative said Romney needs 61% of white vote to win. Also said it was the last time the Republicans could run on their 'white strategy'.

Sorry, read it off a link in Twitter feed on my phone and can't find it now.

3. Coleman2010 thread starter macrumors 68000

If you find it, please post.

4. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I always look at it this way- if women, gays, blacks and Latinos all got together, we'd be the majority. The GOP would have to change it's tune then.

5. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

6. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I believe so, yes.

7. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

8. AhmedFaisal Guest

Cheap shot. And well I am glad to see the hate and fearmongering isn't getting the GOP anywhere.

9. 184550 Guest

10. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

As AhmedFaisal said, this is a cheap shot. But keep in mind that even second and third generation legal immigrants are concerned about laws like Arizona's SB1070.

You're simply not going to win the Latino vote by creating policies that create a profile they're likely to fall under, despite their immigration status.

11. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

And do not forget a lot of them have friends who fall in the danger zone. I have friends who the dream act is the correct thing to do. They have been in the US since they were like 3-4 and really they only know about life in the US but they are not a citizen. I have friends who fall in that boat.
    What Obama did to get them work permits was the right thing to do.

12. NickZac macrumors 68000

NickZac

13. Coleman2010 thread starter macrumors 68000

Asinine. Since when can none citizens vote? Or is this an attempt at humor?

14. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Is there that many straight white males???? I know Romney likes to think of it as still being 1950 still, but it's just not.

15. CorvusCamenarum macrumors 65816

CorvusCamenarum

A voting bloc that has a lengthy history of voting for the Democratic candidate, prefers the current Democratic candidate, who just recently delivered an executive fiat regarding a large number of illegal immigrants who largely belong to the same demographic group.

Color.Me.Shocked.

I'm all aflutter with anticipation to see what we'd get if we polled some black voters. I'll put the over/under at 19:1.

16. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

Really odd when you consider Willard was born in Mexico

17. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

The correct answer is since they registered to vote.

18. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

And we've gone over this before. It a problem there made up by the GOP. It does not happen. In the millions wasted in trying to find wide spread voter fraud they have not found any and sure as hell none that gop voter id laws would solve.

19. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

Unless they can disenfranchise all young, non-white, non-property-owner, and female voters. In other words, return to the antebellum South. You can read up on the nullification crisis here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antebellum_South_Carolina

Whenever they start talking about "State's Rights" I think of that era.

Back on topic -- voter suppression is the answer to that problem. And, it may make the difference this year.

20. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

But if you were paying attention last time we proved it did happen because illegals were being pulled for jury duty.

21. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

You might be overselling what that proves. There is not proof that there is widespread voter fraud, even if there are people who go and get fraudulent drivers licenses and "registered."

22. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

I don't have to prove there is widespread voter fraud, just that it does happen. Not that it's a problem that democrats worry about, they are getting the illegal votes (assuming the illegal can actually read the ballot).

23. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

umm jury duty does not relay just on voter registration. It relays on a lot of other systems. For example in Texas if you get a drivers license you can be called as well. If you register to vote you can get thrown in as well but all you need is one of those 2 items to be called.

Damn those pesky little facts getting in the way of stupid rant.

24. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

You kind of do have to prove it if you are going to disenfranchise otherwise appropriate voters. You're taking away people's constitutional right to vote when there is zero proof that what you're doing is giong to help. That would be like banning guns because you got a paper cut.

25. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

And speaking of tunes, the Super Bowl half-time show would be WAY better.