Poll: on a scale of 1 to 10, how satisfied are you with Apple's response?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thermal, Jul 16, 2010.

?

How satisfied with Apple's response?

1. 10 - completely satisfied

119 vote(s)
    21.0%
  2. 9

55 vote(s)
    9.7%
  3. 8

71 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. 7

72 vote(s)
    12.7%
  5. 6

28 vote(s)
    4.9%
  6. 5

39 vote(s)
    6.9%
  7. 4

41 vote(s)
    7.2%
  8. 3

38 vote(s)
    6.7%
  9. 2

24 vote(s)
    4.2%
  10. 1 - completely unsatisfied

81 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. thermal macrumors regular

On a scale of 1 to 10, how satisfied are you with Apple's response to Antennagate?

2. TorontoLRT macrumors 6502

I'm satisfied. They admitted they were wrong, apologized, and offered a workable solution. Pretty much the best you could have reasonably expected, IMO.

3. youngplaya0228 macrumors regular

They're giving out free stuff, so it's cool with me

4. wharzhee macrumors 6502

i particularly enjoyed the portion whereby the same problem was replicated on the other phones. dissing the other makers to shut their trap about being able to hold it anyhow they like. and the media for blowing it out of proportions.

5. InfinitiG macrumors 6502

"Apple's attempt to draw RIM into Apple's self-made debacle is unacceptable. Apple's claims about RIM products appear to be deliberate attempts to distort the public's understanding of an antenna design issue and to deflect attention from Apple's difficult situation. RIM is a global leader in antenna design and has been successfully designing industry-leading wireless data products with efficient and effective radio performance for over 20 years. During that time, RIM has avoided designs like the one Apple used in the iPhone 4 and instead has used innovative designs which reduce the risk for dropped calls, especially in areas of lower coverage. One thing is for certain, RIM's customers don't need to use a case for their BlackBerry smartphone to maintain proper connectivity. Apple clearly made certain design decisions and it should take responsibility for these decisions rather than trying to draw RIM and others into a situation that relates specifically to Apple."

- Mike Lazaridis and Jim Balsillie

6. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

6/10. -4 points for not actually accepting the issue. It would have been -8, but they decided to give free cases, so that's +2 and the acknowledged the signal issue +2, but still stand besides that the antenna is perfect. Big no-no. EE student here who just took Electromagnetics, so I know it's BS excuse.

7. RonHC macrumors 6502a

RonHC

I didnt expect much really

recall was way to extreme, the free cases is actually fair for the people who haven't got a case

I would have loved a [atleast] $20 dollar Apple Store Credit :p

8. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Or $25 iTunes Gift card... either one.

9. zizo79 macrumors 6502a

zizo79

No mention of if there will be a fix for the antenna, so 5 out of 10 for me because that was the purpose of the conference along with the PR problem.
    Can anyone answer this question honestly (please no bashing): I am curious about why did Apple make the bumper at first and delayed the white iPhone ?

10. Apollo 13 macrumors 6502a

11. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

I am satisfied completely. I never thought there would be a recall. My phone and the few people I know who have them in Shreveport have no issues at all. I do think its good PR to give out free cases though since it apparently helps the issue in the troubled phones. My only problem was them being snitches and showing other phones doing it. Its like if I got caught cheating and then pointed out everyone else who was cheating. A real bitch move in my opinion. Thanks for the free case though Steve "snitch" Jobs.

12. dogie678 macrumors regular

Yeah. 99% of people bitching about the death grip are Android trolls.

13. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

Based on the initial results, Apple can have their cake & eat it too. This is a very compliant group of users.

14. zizo79 macrumors 6502a

zizo79

You are wrong...do you remember this picture ? why did it have a case.....?

[​IMG]

15. thermal thread starter macrumors regular

I respectfully disagree. I don't think cheating is the best analogy.

A company introduces a large car that gets 12 mpg; there's an uproar that fuel economy is so poor. The company has a news conference and shows five competing vehicles of similar size which also get 12 mpg.

That doesn't make the company a snitch; no law was broken that you're turning someone in for. You're simply showing that current technology has its limits and competing manufacturers are struggling with the same limits.

16. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

It doesn't have to be cheating. Any situation where you do something and get caught and then point out someone else doing it is chicken crap IMO. Its like I'm on the chopping block so I'm gonna expose the rest of you too so I won't be alone. I personally would have respected Apple more if they had left out the other phones. Once again thats just my opinion. To each his own.

17. essvee macrumors newbie

...Because it's an iPhone 4 being used in public. That case makes it look like a 3G iPhone. No company would send their prototype device out in open naked for testing.

18. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

the fact that most people see the phone a year in advance before launch from other phone companies make it not matter. plus who cant see that front camera? and cant they say Chinese knock off?

19. BlondeBuddhist macrumors 6502a

BlondeBuddhist

I thought of that too. However, I can't see the press liking the idea of trying to "buy" their "issue" away. At least with the free bumper Apple can say that they addressed the "issue", since the "reports" show it drops the bars less. With Apple cash it would simply be a buy-off in the eyes of the media. I am with you though. It would have made my profit go up when I buy the white iPhone with my add-a-line, strictly to resell on ebay.

As far as the poll goes, check me down for 10. I was given something free for a problem that doesn't affect me. Can't ask for much more than that, without being called "entitled'

Blonde Buddhist

20. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

Apple fixed the hardware issue with new hardware (i.e cases/bumpers) and they made them free. What's not to love?

21. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Because every other company field tests its prototypes camouflaged:
    [​IMG]

22. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

Satisfied here. I always use a case so no brainer for me.

23. zizo79 macrumors 6502a

zizo79

P.S: Apple did not send it to Gizmodo...

24. kuaiyouming, Jul 16, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
  25. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Huh? What does this mean in the context of his point?