• No

Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Original poster
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
Spotify has updated it's terms of service agreement to state that ad-blockers are not permitted and that the person't account can be terminated if they use ad-blockers.

Since the paid Spotify account does not have ads, this only affects the free Spotify accounts where ads are necessary to help pay for the music.

casperes1996

macrumors 603
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
Had no clue you could even ad-block Spotify. I wouldn’t Do it either for my own moral reasons. Not that I blame others who do. They are free to do what they feel is right and it’s no issue to me.

ucfgrad93

macrumors P6
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
If you don't want ads, then use the paid version of Spotify. The free version is only free to the end user because of the ads. If enough people use ad-blockers then maybe Spotify will discontinue the free service. Then everyone will complain about that.

Zenithal

macrumors G3
Sep 10, 2009
I had no idea this was even possible. I signed up for Spotify the very first week they were available in the US roughly 8 years ago. I used the free service for roughly 3 months before deciding I liked it and I wanted to subscribe. I've been subscribed since.

I've tried Deezer and Tidal, but found them painfully slow even with a fast connection. I give up some quality for the ability to have on-demand access to tunes.

msp3

macrumors 6502
May 9, 2015
>If you couldn't shoplift at your local grocery store, would you still shop there?

Fixed that for you

Reactions: jbarley
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.