POLL: The NEW white 13-inch MacBook. (Satisfied/Not satisfied/Don't own one)

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Son of Matrix, Oct 28, 2008.

?

The new white 13-inch Macbook (Satisfied/Not satisfied/Don't own one)

1. Satisfied

52.8%
  2. Not satisfied

4.2%
  3. Don't own one

43.1%
  1. Son of Matrix macrumors regular

Son of Matrix

NEW white 13-inch MacBook...Can the moderator please change my title to The NEW white...I am so afraid ppl will get confused with the old ones...

Hi all

I am buying the white 13-inch MacBook for my gf. Just for daily purposes and for the quality/"quality" of MacBook. Just wondering, if you are a new owner, are you satisfied with it or not? Remember...I am talking just the white 13-inch MacBook.

Thank you.

Son of Matrix

2. brad.c macrumors 68020

brad.c

I convinced my wife to buy one over the summer, but also her to wait until after the new model launch to order. Having seen the price of the new MBs, and the modest drop of the old refurbs, it was worth the wait.

It may be selfish of me, as I wanted her off my MPB, but she was able to inherit the 2GB ram sticks from my MBP (4,1) when I bumped it up to 4GB. :)

She is also a designer, and has used Macs for almost as long as I have (18 years), so the platform push was easy. She's pretty happy so far, and I have to admit that the whitebooks look pretty good for the money.

One caveat is that she has only been using the basic apps so far. I haven't given her CS3 yet, nor any other demanding app, but she's finally able to sink her Touch. :D

3. JG271 macrumors 6502a

JG271

My one came today. Overall I'm very pleased, I'm coming from a mac mini so i thought i would find the screen too small but i've actually found it good. I guess i havn't had all that much experience with it, but from using it today i've found it fine.

Seems sturdy yet quite light and portable, i'll post in a week or so when i've really used it on the go and such. One complaint is the trackpad, but that probably because I'm used to a desktop, i'll probably get used to it.

4. deriko100 macrumors 6502

People are going to put non-satisfied for the lack of firewire.

5. Son of Matrix thread starter macrumors regular

Son of Matrix

That's really nice of you...but she should have left a cheap-skate like you as she's getting only 13 inch one..hahaha... :p

wow early poll results show that ALL users are satisfied...

6. Son of Matrix thread starter macrumors regular

Son of Matrix

7. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

No surprise. It is a good computer like most Apple products. Everything has its problems occasionally, but overall the whole Macbook line is great.

8. 01jamcon macrumors 6502a

01jamcon

You sir, obviously don't know how to read a title, the new white macbook still features a firewire 400 port as seen here: http://www.apple.com/uk/macbook/white/specs.html

9. brad.c macrumors 68020

brad.c

Hey, she could have gotten anything she wanted-she paid for it. ;)
    But then again, Mr. Hypocrite: isn't that what YOU are buying too?

Cheap son of a :cool:

VV logana: I dunno why, but after noting your location, I read your post in a Scots accent. I think thats the best way to pronounce firewire.

10. logana macrumors 65816

logana

The poll is for the NEW white 13-inch MacBook which DOES have firewire !!!

11. thewizard.mac macrumors member

i have it a year now and i tottaly love it.. i would never change it for the new ones. in my opinion its one of the best macs and defenitely the most beautiful!! and probaply the last white macbook :apple:

12. Son of Matrix thread starter macrumors regular

Son of Matrix

but..but...i am talking to the newly released one...on october 14th...u can't have it over a year already...can you?

13. nick9191 macrumors 68040

I have the Santa Rosa 2.2 whitebook from November 07.

If someone offered me to swap with a brand new 2.4 completely perfect defect free model, I'd probably say yes.

What is a complete joke however is that I paid £829 for this machine, yet the new model rolls in at £949 and has a slower processor.

I hope the price of this unibody stuff drops a lot, and the exchange rate goes back to £1/$2, then we could see a £669 aluminium Macbook come next year, with the same specs as the current £949 model, now thats a price drop.

14. polaris20 macrumors 68020

The "new" whitebook is the same as the old 2.1Ghz whitebook, but with a lower price and a superdrive. So.....not much difference.

That being said, it's a nice notebook. :)

15. Jak3 macrumors regular

16. zer0tails macrumors 65816

zer0tails

17. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Same as the old one pretty much

18. skye12 macrumors 65816

skye12

I really like mine. Still has a FW port and polycarbonate is extremely
    durable. But I wish it had a backlit keyboard, LED screen and the new graphics engine of the new alum one.

But for the money and a 2.4 processor the price is good.

19. Vulcan macrumors 65816

Vulcan

I personally like mine. I wouldn't really use the specs in the new one, and the design does look wonderful.

20. Son of Matrix thread starter macrumors regular

Son of Matrix

wow...ppl who are satisfied overwhelms ppl who are not satisfied...this poll really say something...

21. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Internet polls in general, and platform-specific polls in particular, say absolutely nothing, I'm afraid. The sampling is not indicative of anything, other than a finite filter of those that are on this forum, and those that saw the thread, and those that chose to look, and those that decided to respond, and those that responded honestly.

22. ryannel2003 macrumors 68000

ryannel2003

I've had my Santa Rosa MacBook since April, and it's been perfect. Bought it refurbished from Apple and came with no defects, it's super fast, and is a sleek little machine.

The plastic on the edges on mine has cracked, but this is my replacement keyboard I bought off the internet. Spilled water in the first one :eek:

23. Techguy172 macrumors 68000

It's pretty nice but I sometimes wish i had gotten the pro for the Aluminum and dedicated graphics. However if this doesn't matter to you then it's a pretty good machine.

24. Son of Matrix thread starter macrumors regular

Son of Matrix

There are 860 ppl viewing but only about 100 did the vote? more votes please? :)

25. therealdt macrumors regular

I was going to go the refurb route, but my lady will use her government discount and I'll spring for the New Whitebook. So I would like people's opinion for this machine also.