POLL:Those who pre-ordered a space grey iPhone X - did you look at the 8 space grey in person first?

Did you view the iPhone 8 space grey in person before ordering your iPhone X space grey?

• Total voters

iBrooker

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 20, 2016
Wales
Reason I ask is because before actually seeing them, I was going to order the space grey.

After seeing the iPhone 8 in person I quickly changed my mind - to me the silver looks more like a platinum colour and much more to my taste.

Wbu?

Last edited:

jmpmntwnty3

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2007
South Carolina
Hmm... I didn’t think about that, the Space Gray looks beautiful on camera, but I’m gonna be pissed if the Silver looks better in person. However, someone made a good point in another thread that the SG makes the camera on the back blend in better, so I’m gonna use that to make myself feel better lol.

Reactions: iBrooker

myscrnnm

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2014
Seattle, WA
Didn't look at any phones in person before I decided to go with the space gray/black for my iPhone X. The combination of a white back and silver frame just reminds me too much of the Samsung Galaxy line. By association it feels cheap to me. Which is a shame, as Apple popularized that aesthetic, and all my past iPhones were white/white-bezeled.

Reactions: iBrooker