• Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

If you won a free iPad, which would you prefer?

• Perfect iPad EXCEPT for screen retention/burn-in

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • Perfect iPad EXCEPT for half yellow tinted screen

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Perfect iPad EXCEPT for light bleeding in corners of screen

Votes: 12 35.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BygSii

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2012
My first poll I've ever made. If you had the chance to win an iPad, and had to choose from the following, which would you pick? The one chosen the least, is going to be the worse.

1. Perfect iPad EXCEPT for Screen Retention/Burn-In

2. Perfect iPad EXCEPT for a half Yellowish tinted screen

3. Perfect iPad EXCEPT light bleeding in the corners of darker backgrounds.

Last edited:

Freida

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2010
why creating useless poll and offering only defects? If you want to know what people don't mind the least then just ask THAT question.
Your scenario is ridiculous and you know that.
Rename it to "what do you guys mind the least" and you have a reasonable thread worth talking.

Comment

Charliebird

macrumors 6502a
Mar 10, 2010
Easy screen burn-in. Luckily iPad's have LCD screens so they don't suffer from this issue.

Screen burn-in, image burn-in or ghost image, colloquially known as screen burn, is a permanent discoloration of areas on an electronic display such as a cathode ray tube (CRT) display or computer display monitor or television set caused by cumulative non-uniform usage of the pixels.

Comment

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
What difference does it make? If you get a unit w/ screen so horrible that it detracts from your enjoyment of the device exchange it. I would. Complaining online solves nothing. The vast, vast majority of screens are perfectly OK.

Comment

MimicBunion972

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2007
Shouldn't be the yellow tint the worst?
You can only notice the other two defects in some particular ways.
Yellow tint however, you see it every time and all the time when you pick up your iPad. Can't imagine anything worse than that.

Comment

sphumi

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2013
It's sad that Apple quality has come to this... and don't get me started on the 'geniuses' and their horrible customer service.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.