(Poll) What Potential 5S color appeals most to you?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BMNEUR, Aug 15, 2013.

?

What potential iPhone 5S color appeals most to you?

1. Gold

20.6%
  2. Black

41.7%
  3. White

37.8%
  1. BMNEUR macrumors member

BMNEUR

With emphasis on potential, out of the three colors rumored so far for the iPhone 5S (not 5C), what do you see yourself with? Gold, Black, or White?

2. kess143 macrumors newbie

Not that I am getting one but for the sake of discussion, I would definitely go for that gold iPhone 5S. That golden aluminum casing (I think thats what its called lol) looks beautiful! and no I'm not a girl :p

3. veneto macrumors member

They didn't really have any good colors. Hmm..

Gold would make me look like an African King. So I probably would not buy any.

4. kess143 macrumors newbie

I don't get it..has the iPhone 5s been released to the kings in Africa in advance? :rolleyes:

5. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

The gold one reminds me of my parents old electronics from the 80's. Really gross looking. I would like to get a black this time around if they fix the problem it scratching easily, otherwise it'll be white that I get.

6. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

I'm still sceptical that we'll see a gold colour.

I'm probably skipping the 5S, but if I did choose I'd get the black one.

7. KeanosMagicHat macrumors 65816

This is my position. If they still go for the cheaper type anodization, I will skip this generation.

8. xxray macrumors 6502

I've always preferred the black iPhone 5 over the white but I think iOS 7 looks better on the white.

Still will probably go with black though.

9. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I still like white a bunch. It all depends on what the correct definition of "gold" is. Hell, even "champagne." I bought a red umbrella at Target that said "orange" on the color label. It is in no way orange. I saw some iPhone covers from InCase that use the term "raspberry." I saw it in the store and it's pink, unlike every raspberry I have ever seen.

So I'll probably stick with white and, like most everybody else, do my color choosing with the case.

10. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Every time I think of gold, I think of the way people used to add gold accents to their cars (maybe they still do). It's a bit tacky and white trash to me.
    Black has always seemed elegant and sleek, while white reminds me of a kid's phone.

Color preference
    1. Black
    2. White
    3. Gold (maybe)

11. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

We have no idea how the champagne version will look like. We only have horrible mockups. No point in having such a thread now.

12. 3rd Rock macrumors 6502

13. Ay_Zimmy macrumors 6502

The gold one if for the rappers and stuff. Bling bling

14. dvoros macrumors 6502

colors

There was talk of a color called "champagne" that sounded intriguing as an off-shoot of just "White".

15. Chris092881 macrumors 6502

16. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

17. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I'd get the black one. There is no way that I'd ever buy a gold phone.

18. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

White first for me-Black second. Gold....Never

19. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

well, as it is now, i would choose black, but I have always been a white knida guy, its just black looks cool too, especially the 5.

20. fullauto macrumors 6502a

fullauto

I've gone black since the 3GS, thinking white would be the best option when taking scuffs / marking into consideration (still on the 4S - scuff choice based on what's posted around here).

5C - Blue.

21. Erphern macrumors 6502

I'd get a gold one only if it's a truly tasteless, obnoxious gold. If it's some sort of attempt at a classier "champagne", then I'll stick with white.

Never black.

22. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

23. MJD Dawg macrumors 6502

Junction of the Pacific, Juan de Fuca & NA Plates
    Has there been any indication or rumor that suggests they will fix this issue?

I haven't seen or heard a thing about this.

24. KeanosMagicHat macrumors 65816

Unfortunately not.

Along with a perceived lack of innovation, it's the unspoken reason why Apple's share price tanked - the aggressive pursuit of profit at the expense of quality, which is not what the market or (some) customers have come to expect from a prestige brand like Apple.

Most analysts and customers like me are just hoping they go back to focusing on delivering innovative, high quality products that are built to withstand the rigours of normal usage.

I'm out of contract and WILL upgrade if they sort this issue. I'm not going to enter into a 18 or 24 month agreement if there's a chance the phone will look shoddy in 3-6 months though.

We'll just have to see. It's easy to remedy and with the scale of Apple's manufacturing, the additional cost per unit would be relatively low compared to the benefit of increased customer satisfaction and retention.