Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Where is you dock, and does it hide?

• Left - No hide

Votes: 15 17.9%
  • Left - Hide

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Bottom - No hide

Votes: 29 34.5%
  • Bottom - Hide

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • Right - No hide

Votes: 14 16.7%
  • Right - Hide

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • What is a dock? I run OS 9

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters

saint

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2002
Sydney
Bottom now, but I used to have it on the left after the 10.1 update, just because I could.

I also used to hide it but not anymore as it gets annoying when I put the mouse there but don't actually want the dock.

I was thinking of starting a poll on this topic myself, as I was interested, but was worried that people would flame me if it had been done already.

dnte42

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2002
Ah, yes, another slow day for rumors and general discussion. The bottom, if you must know.

danman

macrumors member
Jul 5, 2002
none of the above!

I have mine, on the left, pinned at the start, Autohide on.. makes -soooo- much more sence than it sliding around all over the place.

Attachments

• picture 2.jpg
    picture 2.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 358

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
auto hide on both machines, but bottom on the Desktop 21" monitor and left on the TiPB.

D

Codemonkey

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2002
Edmonton
'Windows' conventional.

Color me boring, but it's: Bottom, not hid. I think that the location is just a throwback from my Windows days. For me it's like Pavlov's Dogs - when my apps are open I simply expect to see them at the bottom somewhere (in other words, I left the 'Start' bar where it was on the Windows platform too).

W00t. I think I get change back on .02 cents for that one. :D

Geert

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2001
.be
I have my transparant dock left, no auto-hide.
If it gets in the way, I cmd-alt-d to hide it.

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
I so wanted to say "Anywhere she lets me", but this is a family web site...and it's not an option...

...oh, you mean my dock...bottom, no hiding...wait, that still sounds bad...;) :p :D

britboy

macrumors 68030
Nov 4, 2001
Argentina
I have mine along the bottom, with no hiding, but pegged to the right-hand corner. If i had it on either of the sides, the icons would be too small to make out.

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
I have my dock position as def. from OS X. I have the opacity set to 0 percent. (Uh, transparency = 100 percent. :p)

saint

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2002
Sydney
Originally posted by Geert
I have my transparant dock left, no auto-hide.
If it gets in the way, I cmd-alt-d to hide it.

Geert, I love your avatar.
Could stare at it for hours. :cool:

Geert

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2001
.be
Originally posted by saint

Geert, I love your avatar.
Could stare at it for hours. :cool:

Thxs man.
Only trouble is that I can't get that little jump out of it.

mmmdreg

macrumors 65816
Apr 14, 2002
Sydney, Australia
mines on the left starting at the top via tinkertool...ie, it is not centred on the left...apart from that, its just the standard colours 'cause I haven't gotten around to transparing docking it...

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
I got mine to the left...autohide on...and transparent...

I hate a cluttered desktop...and now that I can hide my hard drive...it's virtually clutter-free! :D

btw..like that on my Ti & on my G4 at work...although the workstation always has stuff everywhere...kinda hard when it's a production system... ;)

mc68k

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2002
Bottom, no hiding with one caveat-- the dock is shifted to the left side of the screen.
Code:
defualts write com.apple.dock pinning start

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.