Poll: Who Is Delaying Purchase of New iMac until After Jan27th Announcement?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by donster28, Jan 19, 2010.

?

Am I delaying my iMac purchase until Jan.27th?

Poll closed Jan 28, 2010.
  1. Delaying

    19 vote(s)
    45.2%
  2. Not Delaying

    23 vote(s)
    54.8%
  1. donster28 macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2006
    Location:
    Great White North
    #1
    Like some of my friends, I was to get a new 27" iMac i5 this week, but am delaying my purchase until next Wednesday.

    I know that the announcement next week might be unrelated to iMacs, but I thought of waiting and see how the big picture looks like next week.

    I need the i5 iMac for video editing needs in the middle of this year, but my Unibody MBP 13" is doing the job for me at the moment so a 'tablet' might be a nice toy to have for now.

    How about you?
     
  2. TennisandMusic

    Joined:
    Aug 26, 2008
    #2
    Wow quad core mbp 13" eh...only one in the world!
     
  3. steadcd macrumors member

    Joined:
    Mar 26, 2008
    Location:
    Birmingham, UK
    #3
    Not me!

    Ordered my i5 online today, ships 2nd Feb, was waiting as long as possible as have returned 2 from physical apple store but couldn't hold back any more!

    Interested to see the tablet but have a macbook, so with an iMac I can't see I'll want a tablet, that of course may change when we all see what it is but would be a luxury whereas I need the iMac.

    Now if there is a new appleTV might have to splash some more cash.:)
     
  4. donster28 thread starter macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2006
    Location:
    Great White North
    #4
    LOL!!! Wishful thinking I guess...just edited my OP. ;)

    Thanks for noticing.
     
  5. TSX macrumors 68030

    TSX

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2008
    Location:
    Texas
    #5
    Order it now, if not youll be kicking yourself for not ordering it sooner. Even if something comes out the 27th you can always cancel your order, because of the 2week+ wait.
     
  6. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

    Chaszmyr

    Joined:
    Aug 9, 2002
    #6
    I don't think it is really worth waiting for the sake of waiting, but it's only 8 days so it won't if you want to wait it won't really hurt you. The 2 week lead time at the moment is a good point, though.
     
  7. juliancs macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2006
    #7
    ZERO reason to wait. If you order now, it's taking two weeks anyway. If they make an announcement, just cancel. If they don't, you're a week ahead.
     
  8. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2009
    #8
    I have an i5 on the way. None of the rumors about what is coming out has anything to do with the 27" iMac. There is a rumor that there might be a touch screen 22", but unless it is a 27" touch screen, it wouldn't affect my purchase.

    Even if they released a quad core macbook pro, it still wouldn't give me the screen real estate that I need.

    Now if I was purchasing a MacBook, then I would definitely wait and see. Desktops are unaffected in my opinion.
     
  9. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

    gadgetgirl85

    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2006
    #9
    I want to order now but what if iLife 10 released next week?
     

Share This Page