POLL: Will apple introduce a new ipod touch w/camera and new macbooks and imac's?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by leomac08, Oct 6, 2009.

?

Do you think a new ipod touch w/camera will be introduce, (including new mac's?)

1. Yes, (new ipod touch, and new macbook, and new imac)

12 vote(s)
    30.0%
  2. No, (no event!)

27 vote(s)
    67.5%
  3. Yes, (new ipod touch, but no new macbook, and imac's)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes (only ipod touch is introduce, no mac's!)

1 vote(s)
    2.5%
  1. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

Do you guys think that apple will release a new ipod touch, with a new macbook (not pro) and imac's?

Rumors have it, there will be an event by Oct 14th. or later...:rolleyes:

Please Vote.;)

(PLEASE IGNORE THE LAST POLL, ITS THE SAME ANSWER AS THE THIRD ONE) my bad...

2. mackncheese macrumors member

No

no they will not make a new ipod touch with camera they just released a new a month ago that is completely unfair to the people who just bought the new ones

3. gibbz macrumors 68030

I get where you are coming from, but no, it is not unfair.

People knew when the iPod touch was released that there was no camera and no guarantee of a camera. If they bought it, then it must have fit their needs. To complain afterwards if one were introduced would be a bit cry-babyish.

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

It is not unfair, it's called business. But iPod Touches will not have a camera in 2009. I rarely say something in such a factual manner, but really? How inane is it to think they'll release one with a camera just because a bunch of winers are pissed that the Touch has no camera?

5. leomac08 thread starter macrumors 68020

leomac08

+1..... i agree i almost went to the point of selling my old ipod touch, to but a new one.... and i knew a lot of people who sold their ipod touches to buy a new one w/ camera!, BUT NOO!!!!!:D:p

6. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

Don't the two last poll options say exactly the same thing?

7. leomac08 thread starter macrumors 68020

leomac08

they do, my bad...... its 8am in california, i am not awake in the office....

haha:D;)

8. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

So can we assume the basis of this inane poll has everything to do with the fact that you're still tired?

9. ajones46 macrumors 6502

yeah, where's "No new iPod Touch, but new iMacs and MacBooks" option...?

10. leomac08 thread starter macrumors 68020

leomac08

u know how it is in the OC, the 405 drives me nuts.... and i had to park in the 6th floor in uc irvine.... and i am in an office working and soon classes....:D:p

11. mysticbluebmw macrumors regular

lol, where have you been????

There WILL be a new touch with camera. Cases are already making their way. Signs also point to new imacs in thew near future as well.

12. leomac08 thread starter macrumors 68020

leomac08

the 2nd one....:p which means nothing....:p

13. leomac08 thread starter macrumors 68020

leomac08

+1 lmao:D;)

14. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

15. leomac08 thread starter macrumors 68020

leomac08

u r an "iphone fan" what r u doing here? this is for the ipod touch mainly! lol jk:D;)

16. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

Stupid poll choices (is this a push poll ?). Apple will release new computers but will not release any new iPods.

17. crackbookpro macrumors 65816

crackbookpro

Huh, the poll is somewhat confusing... No Touch update is coming for October, or even all of 2009...

But, I think we will see an update for a new MacBook, Mini, and iMac within a couple of weeks...

The Touch with a camera won't be here till early 2010, or most assuredly for the 4th gen (Fall 2010). The Fall '09 version will be with us for at least 6 months without an update...

Some people think it is never coming to the Touch, but I would be quite surprised as the Touch would benefit from a camera/video/mic more than this new Nano that came out last month with video, mic & a FM radio... The app store is the biggest incentive for the Touch w/camera...

What about FM radio? ...Will the Touch get that?

18. bembol macrumors 65816

bembol

I rarely used any built-in camera's (BlackBerry Bold, iPhone). If I wanted to take pics, I use my Canon SD1100IS.

Releasing it after a few weeks doesn't make sense since most can just exchange it.

19. iSpaghettiCat macrumors regular

That poll is racist against people who want to say no iPod touch w/camera at all.

20. ipodtouch3g macrumors newbie

i think we will see the ipod touch w/camera. on apple's own website, they don't refer to the "new" ipod touch as the 3rd gen. they say it is late 2009. if it is not the 3rd gen, then obviously they are going to release one.

21. P140897 macrumors member

Hoping for that...

22. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. It is highly unlikely that Apple will introduce a new iPod before the new year. I believe they said at the last event that this was their holiday lineup concerning iPods.

23. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Didn't they just update the iPod touch, seems highly unlikely that it will go through any sort of update so soon. While people may bicker about whether the latest update is a true update. I don't think apple will suddenly change course and throw in a camera on the iPod touch so soon.

As for the new MBPs, we'll not see any update until apple has the clarksfield/arrandale chipsets in quantities. Probably not till next year.

iMacs and Minis are the last of apple's products not to get any love, so the odds are higher, especially given the rumors that we may see an update in 2009

24. Dustman macrumors 65816

Dustman

Its my understanding that the touch has already had the hardware for some time but it hasn't ever been enabled. It would be interesting if a jailbreak could ever enable it.. or even more interesting if Apple enables it officially.