[Poll] Would you ever buy a Samsung Phone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chrf097, May 12, 2012.

?

Would you consider a Samsung Phone

1. Never would I consider a Samsung Phone

79 vote(s)
    37.3%
  2. Maybe, if they had a really killer and powerful phone I liked

76 vote(s)
    35.8%
  3. I'm planning or strongly considering to upgrade or buy a Samsung phone

57 vote(s)
    26.9%
  1. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

Maybe I would have before, but at this point Samsung is just getting ridiculous. All they do now is rip your company off, then proceed to make fun of the people who like your company.

The only Samsung phone I would ever even CONSIDER would be one of the Samsung Focus Windows Phones, and even then, I could probably find something better.

What about you guys though? Would you maybe consider giving Samsung a spin one day, or do you hate them into oblivion?

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Why not? It's a company, just like Apple. Remember the I'm a Mac campaign, trashing Windows computers? Same thing.

I have owned Samsung phones before, and they are quite good.

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I care about the performance of the product, not the marketing strategy

4. maril1111 macrumors 68000

maril1111

Yes as a matter of fact i am currently using one, and while it isn't perfect it works for my current needs.

5. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Why not?

Sammy remains my preferred display supplier, with my HTDV, desktop monitor and Blu Ray player all being Samsung. My wife has had two Samsung dumb phones that were decent pieces of hardware and I would have bought a Galaxy Player 5 the other day If they ran ICS.

B

6. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

I didn't vote because yes I have considered one. In fact I owned the Galaxy Nexus for 2 weeks and I loved it but I missed my jailbroken 4S too much so I went back to it and gave the Gnex to my sister. The OS was great and I loved the build of the GNex. It was a bit too big for me though.

7. chrf097 thread starter macrumors 68040

chrf097

Marketing can change your outlook on how you view companies. If a company is going to insult me then try to make me buy their product, why would I give them my money?

Maybe I'll get over it, but I just think companies are stupid for trying to get people to use their products by insulting the competition. I felt the same way about Apple during those god-awful "I'm a Mac" ads.

8. Syk macrumors 6502a

I probably will give the SIII or maybe the Note a spin if the new iPhone doesn't impress me

9. chrf097 thread starter macrumors 68040

chrf097

I won't deny that Samsung makes great audio/video equipment and great laptops (I actually really love the Series 7)

My problem is just with the mobile division. I do like all their other products though.

10. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I don't take their ads personally, so I am not insulted
    Actually, I think their ads are funny, and I have an iPhone 4s
    If a device performs and meets my needs best, I don't care about the other stuff
    Why would I avoid a device that would give me what I need just because of a commercial?
    That would be like cutting off my nose to spite my face as my mother used to say

11. Bugeyeblue macrumors 6502a

Bugeyeblue

I had the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus. Worst cell radio I've ever had. Horrible call quality as well as reeption. Same as the Samsung Fascinate I had a couple years back. Maybe it's just the CDMA versions, but it would have to be one monster phone with a good radio for me to even look at it.

12. Timzer macrumors 6502

Really? Then I seriously hope you don't have an iPhone. Worst phone for actual phone usage. This has never been a strong point for the iphone. At best, the 3GS was decent, but every other iPhone is pedestrian when it comes voice quality, and reception. Nokia phones have been the strongest in this area.

13. matttye macrumors 601

14. Matthew9559 macrumors 6502a

Matthew9559

Yup, currently using one. Galaxy Nexus and it's a great phone. They're advertising is lame but I always thought the same of the Apple switch campaign. Wasn't a huge fan of those commercials at all. The ones with iOS are great on the other hand. Just showing you why the product is great, not telling you.

15. bobr1952 macrumors 68020

bobr1952

I checked never but that was not because of anything Samsung has done or not done--I have other Samsung products that I like very much. I am just too lazy to transfer everything I have and do on my iPhone to a new phone os. I am perfectly happy with ios and will stick with it through whatever changes Apple has in store as long as they continue to make phone upgrades effortless.

16. sk1wbw Suspended

sk1wbw

After two months with a Focus, I can fo shizzle say no way foshizzle will I ever own another Samsung phone. Cheap cheap cheap.

17. 0m3ga macrumors 6502

Currently own the S2 Skyrocket and will be buying the S3 when we can buy it in the US through AT&T.

I don't care about ads, don't care about fanboy-ism, don't care what the masses say... I use the phone I want to for my needs.

And the poll does need a 'current Samsung user' option.

18. Mochi Hana macrumors 6502a

Mochi Hana

I'd consider them if they would release another, smaller handset with plain vanilla Android. The Galaxy Nexus looks like a nice phone but it's too big for my taste. :eek:

19. angrydog macrumors member

angrydog

I'm getting bored with the whole iOS UI & Feel; I think my next phone will be android and I would strongly consider a sammy but not one with a 4.8" screen.

20. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68020

MuGeN PoWeR

i really like Galaxy Nexus! i wish it had iOS in it:/

21. cynics macrumors G3

I disagree. I've only been impressed with my Verizon 4S. It's the only phone I've ever owned that could compete with motorolas antenna and radios.

[​IMG]

-58 dbm is something you'll never see on a CDMA GNex.

22. Minhimalism macrumors 65816

Minhimalism

I'd consider it if they moved beyond using plastics in their designs. (I'm not saying their phones are bad phones.) I just wish they'd be more bold in their design in the same way Apple and Nokia are.

23. conartist4u macrumors regular

conartist4u

build quality is an issue but not that big of deal breaker. i'd buy the new siii but still keep 4s, more of a backup in case I don't like what I see.

the size and weight of Samsungs are a total different ballpark altogether. and so many SKUs to satisfy different price brackets. whatever happened to Apple's mini iPhone as was hyped about in 2010-11.

24. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Sure. I've owned several Samsungs in the past, and they have served me very well.

25. conartist4u macrumors regular

conartist4u

i'd like to add that the responsiveness of the keyboard on iPhones is comparable on a galaxy note. maybe others but haven't used any other than the s2. typing was chunky. I enjoy the iOS keyboard a lot