Poll: Your Religious Orientation

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
Now i dont want to start a flame war here, and i know that this can be quite a touchy subject, so lets try to keep things calm, i just thought it would be interesting to poll the comunity to see how diverse we are in religious orientation

Christian? ( i know is broad, feel free to be more specific if you like Protestant? Catholic? Lutheran? )
Hindu?
Buddhist?
Athiest?
Agnostic?
Islamic?
Wiccan?

im sure i forgot a few so feel free to add to the list

p.s. NO FIGHTING!! :D

_bnkr612

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2004
Unitarian Universalist.

Basically it's a "no one can tell me what to believe in, I can think for myself and if I like a belief from another religion, I can adapt it to mine" belief.

The best part is, it's free.

angelneo

macrumors 68000
Jun 13, 2004
afk
I am more or less subscribed to Buddhist ideas but by birth I am supposedly Taoism which I totally don't believe in.

maya

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2004
somewhere between here and there.
I believe what I chose to accept, and respect all religions. :)

There is is good and negative with all beliefs and some contradict either another religions beliefs and ways. So its best to be neutral like Switzerland in this matter. :)

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
I'd say I'm scientific-Taoist. Like a cross between atheism and taoism... It's the belief that there is a bigger power, but that it's not a deity, just a scientifically measurable force that we don't understand yet.

i could explain at great length and it would make sense, but that would be pretty boring for everyone but me :)

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
London
Atheist.

I accept and respect religious views in others, but don't believe without proof (which would be my definition of "faith"). I don't claim there is no God, I allow for the possibility of such, just there is not a lot of proof at the moment.

dvdh

macrumors 6502
Apr 6, 2004
Christian (Christian Reformed Church of Canada - part of a fairly liberal minded congregation.)