Pollution turns birds gay!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by IntelliUser, Dec 2, 2010.

1. IntelliUser macrumors 6502

Link

Wonder if it works with humans too.

2. Jay42 macrumors 65816

Jay42

Call me ignorant, but I never even knew some animals could be homosexual... :confused:

3. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

Maybe dolphins? I thought the rest of the animal kingdom was strictly in to procreating.

This is just too much.

4. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

5. FourCandles macrumors 6502a

...and I just thought you'd missed the "r" out of your thread title......

6. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

Only about 1,500 species practice homosexual behavior.

7. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

It all makes sense now. Exposure to Freddie Mercury turns you gay.

The first identified gayogen.

8. Gelfin macrumors 68020

Gelfin

Supported by evidence: In a recent study on an extremely limited sample of late-30s males, consuming sufficient intoxicants to attempt Under Pressure during a human lekking practice known as karaoke was negatively correlated with sexual interest from opposite-sex partners. A similarly small sample of homosexual males, however, readily joined in the ritual. A significant observation was that no party was capable of hitting that damned high F in the middle of the song, and we speculate that this ability may be a necessary catalyst for successful gayification.

9. fivepoint macrumors 65816

fivepoint

"Homosexual actions" is very different from "being homosexual." Animals are not humans. Sex is not 'love making' to animals, it's an instinctive automatic mechanical type act. A lot of times, they don't even know the difference, they just search for a hole and plunge away. I grew up on a farm, seeing a bull mount another bull is common occurrence, and hardly 'gay.' Homosexual acts in animals are meaningless and purely instinctual (a form of training or display of dominance if you will) - IMHO, people that read further into it are simply trying to use it to advance their own agenda in any way they can.

10. FreeState macrumors 68000

FreeState

This is true only for some animals, and its even true for some humans. There are many many animals outside of humans that pair bond for life with same sex partners.

Here is some just for birds, a simple search of "pair bonding homosexual" will bring up a whole lot of research and articles showing the multitude of animals that pair bond for life.
    http://www.bidstrup.com/sodomy.htm

11. takao macrumors 68040

takao

posting of the day !

12. coochiekuta macrumors 6502

i have to ask what is sexuality? if a man has sex with another man, does that make him gay/bisexual? if he does this only for money, such is the case for a few adult stars, what is he then gay or straight?

is sexuality merely defined by sex or is there something more? can animals ever aspire to meet the expectations of this "more"?

13. fivepoint macrumors 65816

fivepoint

Do you have any evidence that implies the animals can in fact differentiate between the two and make a logical decision implying actual homosexuality? Are animals even capable of having homosexual or heterosexual feelings/thoughts? I'd contest that it's simply instinctual mechanical sex or 'pairing' and has nothing to do with sexuality.

14. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

In my opinion sexuality is defined by who you're attracted too.

15. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Of course. All the rest is just sexual gratification.

The "any port in a storm" situation.

Kids that feel angst for a youthful dalliance with their libidos, should just chill.

16. coochiekuta macrumors 6502

interesting. as im sure you know, people are aroused by unusal things. some like the "teen" look. others like dressing up as animals or putting on diapers. while these are fetishes, they are closely wired to the individuals sexuality.

im not here to give a definition of sexuality myself. i dont feel animals measure up to the common definition most people give to the word. that is all.

17. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I guess you haven't really ever done any research into the topic then, have you?

18. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

When I say sexuality I just mean which sex people are attracted to. All those other preferences and fetishes you mentioned are unrelated to whether you're attracted to men or women.

19. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

Homosexual animals? No can't say that I have lol

20. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I can't blame you, it is a bit of a weird thing to type into google lol.

That said, and this isn't aimed at you, I would hope anyone that tries to make the statement that homosexuality doesn't occur in nature would at least go through the effort of a simple google search that would show them that is completely false.

21. fivepoint macrumors 65816

fivepoint

Again... Do you have any evidence that implies the animals can in fact differentiate between the two and make a logical decision implying actual homosexuality? Are animals even capable of having homosexual or heterosexual feelings/thoughts? I'd contest that it's simply instinctual mechanical sex or 'pairing' and has nothing to do with sexuality.

22. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

So now you wish to redefine what homosexuality means too?

Is there anything you won't twist to suit your ideology fivepoint?

"These animals can't be gay! They're only having sex with members of their own gender!"

23. fivepoint, Dec 3, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2010

fivepoint macrumors 65816

fivepoint

I'M redefining homosexuality!?!? Are you being serious!?! My your warped logic a dog that humps someone's leg has a strange fetish and is attempting to perform dog on human bestiality. And a dog that humps another male dog is gay. How quaint... such brilliant insight into the canine psyche you have there. :rolleyes: :eek:

As I suggested earlier, the far more simplistic answer and logical answer is that the animals are simply performing an instinctual mechanical sex act with no thoughts whatsoever to sexuality or sexual attraction - as it is clearly beyond their intelligence level to have such thoughts. It's YOU who's twisting the facts to fit your own ideology and attempt to use simple nature to justify your thoughts on human sexuality.

By your own twisted logic the cows that mount other cows on my family farm are lesbians - instead of simply performing a genetically predisposed act in order to help mark the cow in heat so the bull can concentrate his efforts where they will do the most good. By your own twisted logic the bulls that mount other bulls on my family farm are homosexuals who are sexually attracted to other male cattle instead of female cattle - instead of the obvious answer that they're just practicing, demonstrating their dominance, or in some cases are simply to stupid to know the difference. Then, the rest of their life they spend inseminating cows - so they must have had a change of heart right? They must have SWITCHED sexuality! :rolleyes: OMG - naw, it's far more likely that you simply don't know what the heck you're talking about and are simply doing whatever you can to make happenings in the real world fit with your political/philosophical belief structure.

Enough of the Anthropomorphism BS. If you're going to claim animals can be 'homosexually oriented' you had better have more evidence than photos of two male dogs humping.

24. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

^^ By the team who brought you U.S. exceptionalism we know have human exceptionalism.

25. fivepoint macrumors 65816

fivepoint

You don't believe in human exceptionalism? I'd accept that term willingly. If a dog and a kid were going to get hit by a car and you could only save one - which would it be? If you can't quickly and easily answer this question, excuse me... but there's probably something wrong with you.