Poor Dems: Hillary wins a squeaker in Kentucky

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by DUCKofD3ATH, May 17, 2016.

1. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

The state where she won handily over Barack Obama in 2008, and where she had a double-digit lead over Bernie Sanders just last week, just barely gave her a win in tonight's primary.

The more voters get to know Hillary, the more they detest her.

How close was the race? It was so close, that if Martin O'Malley's voters had shifted to Sanders, Bern would have won!

Oh, and that race in 2008, Hillary won 65.5% (459,124 votes) to Obama's 29.9% (209,779 votes).

Tonight she won with about 210,000 votes vs Bern's 206,000. So voters just aren't turning out for her this cycle.

Democrats are going to get CRUSHED in November!

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Depends on who the democrat at the helm is

3. DUCKofD3ATH thread starter Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

I know you're for Bern, but I just don't see it happening for him if he gets the nod.

4. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    The chaos now isn't an indicator of an inevitable Democrat defeat come November.

Bernie supporters are wildcards. Both Trump and Hillary will have to work their asses off to get their votes.

5. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

As said. Good luck winning w/o the Bernie bros :D

6. DUCKofD3ATH thread starter Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

True. But the campaign seems to be entering a new phase of meanness, so there's bound to be hard feelings if Hillary takes the nomination. I see Bern's voters staying home rather than vote for Hillary.

7. Robisan macrumors 6502

There's something about that Obama fella that might not go over well in Kentucky. Can't quite put my finger on it.

8. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Ha. Plenty will vote trump just to symbolically raise the middle finger to the DNC :D

9. FieldingMellish Suspended

I heard people don't want Bern to go negative.

10. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Good guys finish last. ..........sadly

11. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    Some of them probably will, yeah. Though if Hillary or Trump can come across as being the more willing candidate to adopt some of Bernie's policies, they'll flock to either/or. They might consider it a bitter consolation, but a better choice than nothing at all.

12. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Why does the vote total in KY matter to you so much? It's not like the state would be voting blue no matter who the nominee was. They absolutely do not like Obama, thus our chances of winning that state with any candidate are close to zero. Seriously you could take any Democrat, plug them in, and the state would still quite likely vote red.

13. Robisan macrumors 6502

Has Bernie released a statement insulting Kentucky yet?

14. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Bernie isn't a good guy. He's only pretending to be one. Which is actually worse than just outwardly being the jerk that he is.

15. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Oh please .

16. DUCKofD3ATH thread starter Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

No argument. I'm just providing updates on the slow motion train wreck that is the Democrats' campaign for the presidency, 2016.

Of course Americans won't vote for a Democrat after eight years of Obama's badministration, that's a given.

17. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Would they if Trump was running as a Democrat?

18. DUCKofD3ATH thread starter Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

Why do you think he's running as a Republican?

19. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

He is. Bernie Sanders is an arrogant jerk. While having different policies, he's as arrogant and bullheaded as much as Trump is. Unlike Trump though he does not know how to be a true leader. A true leader would be trying to put out the fire and bring harmony to the party. Instead he throws some gasoline on it.

His lack of leadership extends from letting BLM take over his mic, to an inability to connect with African American voters, to not knowing when to get out of a race, to now not knowing how (or caring) to calm things down. His efforts are weak and ineffectual.

He isn't even looking at the big picture. A few weeks ago, he said he would do whatever it takes to stop Donald Trump. But his money has not been where his mouth is. Instead he is still behaving like the foreign invader he is to the Democrat party and not giving a damn. Which as many have pointed out, will lead to Trump winning. Great plan Bernie. Great plan. (Slow golf clap).
    --- Post Merged, May 17, 2016 ---
    Easier to fool.

20. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Bernie FTW

21. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

The same bunch arguing that it's "chaos" in the Democratic party is the same group arguing that the party was doomed because of Clinton's "coronation" and that the Republican's battle royale was only making their candidates stronger.

Pay no mind.

I'm not convinced that the "Bernie bros" actually represent a cohesive group.

There's an old line about both parties voters: Democrats want to fall in love; Republicans want to fall in line. And, that remains apropos. Republicans have begun to coalesce around Trump, no mean feat after a chunk of the party burned serious cash of the failed #nevertrump campaign.

Meanwhile, Democrats are Ally McBealing their way to the convention, enjoying the tension and fighting over how far left the party goes.

It's clear that Sanders is intentionally trying to avoid hitting Clinton below the waterline, so there's little complications—except for spending some money—in letting the campaigns run till the election.

But, Clinton's going to win. (She's got the votes, the delegates, and the ear of the Superdelegates.)

22. DUCKofD3ATH thread starter Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

You're the one complaining about Obama. And Democrats voted for him TWICE!

23. CalWizrd Suspended

CalWizrd

A trivial side note...

Some years back I had a software development firm with the enlightened name of FTW Associates.

24. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

No, he demands a re-count! 4,000 votes is too close to call!

25. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

It's actually only 1813 difference currently. But yeah, that close should be an automatic recount, I agree.
    --- Post Merged, May 17, 2016 ---
    Huh? Since when?