Poor Dems: Hillary wins a squeaker in Kentucky

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by DUCKofD3ATH, May 17, 2016.

1. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

Poor Dems...

Brought this chaos on themselves.

Hussein and Hillary have brought out the worst in everyone, its the direct result of the relentless blaming, anger and vitriol being spewed at Republicans.

Fasten your seat belts it's only going to get worse.

2. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

The bottom line is if the Democratic establishment and blind blue voters are dumb enough to vote for yet another crooked corporate sellout, they deserve a president trump.

As they say, people get the government they deserve...

3. webbuzz macrumors 68000

webbuzz

They were most likely ObamaBots. Twice. :rolleyes:

4. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

Anecdotal evidence? I see you're putting all those big words you learned here on the forum to good use. :p

No...but seriously....your party isn't even a threat this year. It's just humorous. See you in November. Clinton Sanders 2016!

5. thewap macrumors 6502a

thewap

Kentucky still too close to call .. wonder what is going on in the back rooms... chair throwing, Clinton thugs holding Bernie delegates hostage, Bubba campaigning in the middle of the delegate count, a Hillary democratic board coup??

6. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Hillary's hair turning into a writhing mass of snakes and her eyes weeping bloody tears while her pupils transform into vertical slits. And flying lamps. Lots of flying lamps.

7. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

I don't really have any defined numbers and am not an economist. I majored in PolSci and am a lawyer - vague generalities are my trade.

If I was pinned, id say 5, 15 and 25+. The point is that a uniform system can devote significant resources to accomplishing a task in a way that a democracy, with independent elements, cannot. However, those same independent elements are freer to innovate than those in a planned economy.

8. thewap macrumors 6502a

thewap

unnamed.jpg

9. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

To be blunt, his true colors have only been coming out more recently. I myself once considered voting for him too.

10. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Ahh, yes. His "true colors" of not just sitting down and falling in line like every other fake corporate hack politico in this country.

His "true colors" of standing on a picket line with real hard working Americans while other candidates sit in a board room speaking to a bunch of suits for $225,000.

I'll take Bernie every day of the week. I've heard stories from two of my best friends who live in the Burlington area who have met him and know people who worked directly with him. He actually cares about doing the right thing and helping working people. Something that's very rare in today's politics.

11. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Verizon? Not a snowball's chance in hell that he would have been there if not for campaigning in NY, though I did appreciate the attention and optics it provided. But Hillary was there too. http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-idUSKCN0XA222

I believe he cares, I just believe that he often goes about it in a jackass sort of way sometimes.

12. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

What about Verizon? One picket line? Hillary was there for the cameras.

Meanwhile Bernie has been walking picket lines for 40 years. Here's a couple of them.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-sanders-joins-a-picket-line-in-cedar-rapids/

http://www.sanders.senate.gov/newsroom/recent-business/sanders-supports-strikers

13. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Over all those sorts of timescales China has outperformed the West however.

14. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Yes, so was Bernie. You don't really think Bernie would have been in NYC on that picket line that day on his own do you?

And it's great Bernie has been on picket lines and met with labor over the years. I think that's awesome. But so has Hillary. For both candidates I think there is genuine caring, but also for both I think a lot of these things have been used as photo ops. You can try to paint the picture he is different, but when it comes down to it, Bernie is still a politician.

15. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

Ok. How about decade, generation, multi-generation?

I'll eventually support my hypothesis. That's how (soft) science is supposed to work, isn't it?

16. Eraserhead, May 18, 2016
    Last edited: May 18, 2016

Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

If long term is multi generation no democracy has been around that long. Britain has only been one for 100 years. I don't know when the US gave everyone the vote.

Besides changing the timescales to fit the facts is fairly ridiculous.

17. 0007776 Suspended

A bit over 200 years ago when the constitution was adopted. Although I'm pretty sure the state legislatures were elected before that.

18. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Unless you were black or a woman.

19. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I thought initially only landowners could vote.

20. 0007776 Suspended

Then going by that we still haven't since there are groups of people like ex-felons who can't vote.
    --- Post Merged, May 19, 2016 ---
    There always have been, and there still are rules about what classes of people can and can't vote.

21. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

The headline implies sympathy.

The stuff in the middle implies something far more interesting but not surprising given previous turnouts in certain cities.

The tagline implies theatrical hubris, albeit not created from idle fantasy.

But then, if it's true everyone says Hillary is a closet Republican, then it's obvious with a capital "D-U-H" that Democrats would be increasingly apathetic. Why would voters believe that about her? She seems to be in various directions based on individual issues. Which is good. What's interesting is where Trump comes in on certain issues.

But as we all know the stereotype, politicians are never ever sincere, right? Is that why more people vote in American Idol, because of sincerity?
    --- Post Merged, May 22, 2016 ---
    Fine by me. Apartment dwellers have no responsibilities... ask a few and those who used to be.
    --- Post Merged, May 22, 2016 ---
    With or without a helping hand?

A couple of examples, how many can you find? ;)

http://archive.fortune.com/magazines/fortune/fortune_archive/2007/07/23/100134488/index.htm
    http://www.zdnet.com/article/if-apple-can-help-china-it-can-help-us-us-doj/
    etc

And despite piracy, for which they all claim to hate, which is 4x worse than in the US (90 vs 22% respectively, as of 2005 so the numbers might vary a little since... but I doubt China's has gone down to 0% out of gratitude for, what did the commie say, buying the rope the capitalists sold them?)

22. SactoGuy18 macrumors 68030

SactoGuy18

I think people are starting to realize that Hillary Clinton has a LOT of political baggage to deal with. Even many of the aspects of the Whitewater scandal from 22-23 years ago are still not resolved even now.

And now, we're starting to find out the financial shenanigans at the Clinton Foundation--issues that could land the Clintons in trouble for violating international finance laws and national tax laws.

23. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I very much doubt that's true.

24. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

More FUD.

25. FieldingMellish Suspended

The entanglements are many related to that shrew. It cannot all be a coincidence.